LED tail lights

heineoen

Hi!

The problem is that you need to have CANBUS-enabled LED bulbs in order to avoid error messages in the dashboard. I have so far managed to find working rear driving lights (in red, 5 leds in 5 direction) which create a real nice light, a bit deeper red than the stock bulbs. A friend of mine driving behind me commented that they were perhaps a bit more dim than other cars. I could try to take a pic, but I am not sure on how much the pic will tell. I have also replaced the interior and boot lightning with LEDs, and swapped the DRL bulbs for LED ones. Tthere the difference is clearly noticable.

I have tried quite a few bulbs, but some does create an error even though the seller claims that they should be error free. Luckily I have been allowed to return the bulbs for a a refund.

• 4 months later...

Hi

Can you post a link to the type of LED you buy for the sidelights / positionlight as does I have bought always show a warning on the dashboard. And the seller suggests that I buy resistor.

Kind regard

Edited by Togo

I have also replaced the rear lights with LEDs. I was able to find red canbus 9 led W5W-leds. They work fine without any error codes and, the color is a bit more red than stock. The only problem is that this time of the year with all the snow flying around they don't generate enough heat to melt the lights :S. If I were to replace them now I would try to get 13 led sets (3 per side around and one straight up) as these are still a bit dimmer than stock.

I bought from here, and these are the ones I would recommend. Unfortunately the pages are in Finnish.

My link

I have also replaced the rear lights with LEDs. I was able to find red canbus 9 led W5W-leds. They work fine without any error codes and, the color is a bit more red than stock. The only problem is that this time of the year with all the snow flying around they don't generate enough heat to melt the lights :S. If I were to replace them now I would try to get 13 led sets (3 per side around and one straight up) as these are still a bit dimmer than stock.

I bought from here, and these are the ones I would recommend. Unfortunately the pages are in Finnish.

My link

Thanks for the information!

Have you replaced all lights W5W in the tail/rear with 9LED W5W lights?

I it appears that the 13 LED is a bit longer, will they still manage to fit in the rear?

Sorry for all the question :-)

A little funny about the "missing heat" and snow, I have not even thought about :nerd:

My Roomster is fra October 2011. Hope they will still work on the newest built.

Edited by Togo