Rear tyre cupping

STSKODA

Just had new tyres on, swapped 9 month old rear onto front and they have some noticeable cupping to outside edges? Anyone else suffer this? Tyre have not done a lot of miles at all. Was thinking pressure could be to blame but have kept them at recommended pressures.

I also know some people have replaced rear beam bushes to cure this. Question, was your alignment out and has this been a permanent cure to strange tyre wear?

There 's no adjustment on the rear alignment :(

I know but I am prepared to change the bushes if they are the source of the problem, just looking for confirmation of how other people have sorted the problem - wondering if mine is tyre pressures or alginment due to worn bushes

Well I can't say for sure, but I think that changing the bushes has certainly helped (it might not be the total solution, but the tyres wear a lot better - I really need to have a look, but they have not caught my eye yet).

I went for the Fabia vRS bushes rather the Octy ones.

yup that's what i'm planning to do if alignment is out - any updates on wear?

also anyone else able to contribute? just interested to know if it is an actual fault or if i just need to run rear tyres above recommended pressures

I just looked at mine, they are still wearing on the inside edge. I have changed the shocks and the rear beam bushes. I am not changing the beam as that is expensive :'(

I can only hope it is the speed bumps causing the problem.

The car manufacturer's recommended pressures are not correct for all makes of tyre!!

For instance, Toyo Proxes T1-R in 205/55R16W wants 2PSI over recommended to prevent an underinflation wear pattern on the Octy (based on several users, so we can eliminate guage error, driving style, and even precise variant of Octy).