Hybrid or Not?

I'm sure that's another pop at Luke's figures. His car gets RR'd at 240bhp literally straight after a standard vRS ran 132bhp on AmD's rollers - what more can the guy do???

Also, this was on a day when some of the Octy owners were moaning of low readings and my remapped Fabia ran 166bhp, having run 180bhp on other RRs.

We're going to JKM in a couple of weeks time with the mk5 boys, so we'll see how a couple of hybrid Fabias do on a Dyno Dynamics RR then :)

was that the same day mine ran 213bhp lol

Guest BigJase88

Oh yeah im not gona lie the difference to say a mapped vrs is night and day

And compared to a stock vrs is hilarious

I just want to stress to the OP that imo a hybrid pd is more than the paper '20bhp' increase.available.

Also worth bearing in mind is the power curve. It might only be a 20bhp increase in peak BHP output, but a hybrid can make the delivery smoother and last longer. My hybrid 130 Fabia has a power curve much more biased towards the top end than my old mapped 150 Leon, even though the 130 peaks at 200 and the 150 peaked at 198 (so virtually the same peak numbers). You can see the power dropping off the 150 dyno sheet dramatically after the peak figure whereas my 130 holds power much better after it peaks.

Evidence of this? That's more torque than I made on there so that would be interesting...

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3362574#post3362574

the low to mid-range with a hybrid turbo is good and it does feel a lot stronger than my Ibiza did both standard and mapped, but having had one for a while now I'm less convinced a hybrid VNT17 is the way I'd go if I was starting over

Fair enough, just seems like once again, everyone argues over Lukes car. The potential of the turbo is listed on the webiste, last time I was reading this discussion it was the injectors that were restricting the power, not the turbo. So what now? people think a 240-260bhp turbo is only good for 200bhp?!

Matt

nobody has actually said the TD hybrid is only good for 200bhp? But the turbo will only run the quoted 240-260bhp with certain other things in place, much the same as if I were to bolt the GT30 we've got onto my mk4 Golf right now and then get someone to map it I wouldn't be seeing the numbers the turbo is capable of producing.

i think we're agreed that a hybrid PD130 isn't slow, and mapped well produces over 200bhp? you believe that Marlin gives reliable results (as would I), what do you think about the (fairly noticeable) difference in both power and torque between the RR results from there and AmD? throw in matey boy's Revo'd PD130 results and something's gotta be up somewhere?

nobody has actually said the TD hybrid is only good for 200bhp? But the turbo will only run the quoted 240-260bhp with certain other things in place, much the same as if I were to bolt the GT30 we've got onto my mk4 Golf right now and then get someone to map it I wouldn't be seeing the numbers the turbo is capable of producing.

i think we're agreed that a hybrid PD130 isn't slow, and mapped well produces over 200bhp? you believe that Marlin gives reliable results (as would I), what do you think about the (fairly noticeable) difference in both power and torque between the RR results from there and AmD? throw in matey boy's Revo'd PD130 results and something's gotta be up somewhere?

The thread started out as turbo talk, then nozzles, then I said its getting boring blah blah blah, then gareth said its about the power out put of the MD376, so I`m fully confused on what everyone is getting at :no:

Anyway, back off topic ( :rofl: ) I was under the impression the AMD RR day was all over the place, some cars making too much, others making not enough, really inconsistent. Which is why I like marlins, nice consistent results, my fabia made spot on what Ali said it should (200bhp), my boggo Fiesta ST made bang on standard power there (150bhp). When I do a mod I go back and run it again, yet to be far out from what it should be.

Matt

dude, you brought up nozzles :p and the first reply was Luke saying his ran 240bhp/323ft/lb V-Power and 225bhp/355ft/lb on regular...I think a saying a hybrid PD130 with a map and standard fueling runs low 200s power and mid 300's torque is right in terms of ballpark numbers but general enough that people can't argue over it :thumbup:

I'll be happy if my Ibiza's running those sort of numbers when I get it back from Ali (hell, I'd be happy enough if it was making boost again) :)

Pmsl, ok I said it first, because friggerpants quoted shark saying a hybrid wont go over 210bhp, it made it sound like the hybrid was only good for another 10bhp over the normal one :rofl:

Am I right in guessing yours is the yellow one up there?

:rofl:

yeah, mine's the not so hot yellow Ibiza :doh:

They had one at 215bhp with an Allard VT2 hybrid over the weekend. Not sure what spec that is as I can find very little about them, but I'm guessing it's a similar deal to TD, GT17 housing with GT20 compressor wheels or something?

i've got a feeling that's my old turbo :-).

I sold it to the bloke who was a Shark lover a few month ago :-)

thanks for your advice guys i appreciate it. Enough of the injectors!!! :giggle: Right ive got my car mapped and peak torque is about 1900RPM... my question to you is that.... can the peak power be 'shifted' to around say 2500RPM. By the way it is a custom map. Apparently it cant be done????

thanks for your advice guys i appreciate it. Enough of the injectors!!! :giggle: Right ive got my car mapped and peak torque is about 1900RPM... my question to you is that.... can the peak power be 'shifted' to around say 2500RPM. By the way it is a custom map. Apparently it cant be done????

Who mapped it?

My Shark map produces peak torque at 2750rpm.

i've got a feeling that's my old turbo :-).

I sold it to the bloke who was a Shark lover a few month ago :-)

Its not mate, its mine, bought it from Allard last year after the standard turbo went kaboom.

I was at the Shark Rolling Road day with the silver Fab with anthracite alloys, and at Trax on the brisky stand.

Took it in for a map tweak the other week and whilst there Ben & Mikko achieved 215bhp & 516Nm, but has been dialled down a touch

in order to stay well within the tolerances of the components- its a daily driver and I need longevity.

• 3 weeks later...