Here's my cheap 2.5k fabia vrs :)

I can see them in the pics David.

Sorry - haven't a clue what you're trying to infer here - of course they're in the photos posted - but the comments being made were about the car being one of the first - with the different gearbox and the longer vRS badge. Both those features are very rare since they only occur on the earliest cars. The changes were made to those long before the facelift model was introduced in late 2004 - it was only at that time that the lock pins were deleted along with all the other changes that occurred at that time. Fabia evolution is a process of continual change not just an occasional major upgrade.

I was just saying "You have them... Cool"

I just think it looks better.

I'm barely interested in when changes were made and what they are.

Perhaps I should have said "Nice pins mate" but that could have other meanings :D

My 04 had the old vrs badge too

Earliest one are 03 plates

Launch date was September 2003 (confirmed at several sites - Evo, Telegraph, Marketing Week; there is however one forum reference to 20 August 2003 but the same topic records "Skoda dealers haven't got any in yet..") so any 03 plates would have had to be pre-launch press demos or the like.

That's an awful lot of car for the money emoticon-0148-yes.gif

On the 'changes', both my Nov 03 and March 04 had the long badge. And the 53-plate having the longer 6th gear ratio.

And the 53-plate having the longer 6th gear ratio.

Correction for newcomers - different gearbox - a lot more differences than just the 6th gear...

Edited by DRJ

Correction not required, it was merely a brief summary. Let's not get bogged down with technicalities at this stage shall we, on this sort of thread?

If people wish to know more about the gearbox changes, they can find the information elsewhere on Briskoda.

Hi guys, in was wondering why my badge was different haha, engine bay ! I've just put a bit of elbow grease into it buddy and bait of back to black :)

the only problem inhale is a wheel bearing noise or tyres need re-balancing