Rear doors aren't locking (now solved, what a muppet!)

Randomly today checked a rear door was locked and shocked to find it opened, setting the alarm off... Then locked it again and tried the other rear door - open and alarm set off... Front doors are fine.

This is a new one to me - Any ideas before I plug VCDS in? (I need to plug it in anyway to reset the service light)

It might just be the coding of [i have forgotten the module]. I was monkeying around with mine when my electric windows went, and discovered after a few weeks that whatever I had re-coded it to, made the rear doors no longer lock :o

Sorry. That's not much help is it? I can dig the laptop out and find it if you like, so that you can check...

edit - just looking through old logs. Looks like it could have been the #45 - Central Conv module. I had monkeyed with settings and left it on 00012, where it should be 00018.

Edited by mark.r.cullen

I've not fettled with the central convenience section for a long time (probably when I deactivated selective unlocking a few years ago....)

I will look at it after the weekend. The car is safe enough where its parked up this weekend anyway.

Well, all I can really say is LOL!! :D :D

I must have recoded it for selective unlocking about 3 or 4 years ago, and I just checked the coding and I used the number for a 2 door. There's a fair to high chance I've not had the rear doors locking for about 4 years.... Funnily enough I added 2 to the coding number and all doors now lock.

Still struggling to comprehend this, but there we go :D

Yay, not had a 'Jason' thread since the old can't get gears thread.

:)

:D

Had another recent occurrence of the "gears" thing when the controller from my water/meth became unstuck from my bracket and fell into the gear selector mechanism :D

I must have recoded it for selective unlocking about 3 or 4 years ago, and I just checked the coding and I used the number for a 2 door. There's a fair to high chance I've not had the rear doors locking for about 4 years.... Funnily enough I added 2 to the coding number and all doors now lock.

Haha yep. Come to think of it, I think I was actually trying to do exactly the same thing with the selective locking and ended up the same. It took me a good while to realise that it was selectively no longer locking the rear doors, but not 3 or 4 years. I boweth to you!! :rofl:

I did the same changed locks in the back doors in the end gave up and took it into my local vw dealer for them to ring me up and say the convience module thinks it's a 2 door not a 4. £100 later programmed and fixed lol

If car was stolen you'd be on a slippery slope explaining your tinkering to allow rear door access, when car was supposedly locked.

Hope your other tinkerings don't bodge something else up, for your sake. LOLemoticon-0140-rofl.gif