Yeti E Foglights anyone?

mandatrix

The Yeti E variant has no fog lights but appears to have a plastic blank in place of the bulb.

My idea is to try and buy a couple of bulb holders and get them working.

Question Please: has any E Owners tried this or even is there any other E owners!

If you go to page one of this thread you will see who owns what:

http://briskoda.net/...ne-trim-survey/

And it seems there is only one E owner! (You have not voted yet either) So can't help you in pointing you to more E owners alas.

BUT you have answered one of my very early questions that I posted in April 2010 which never got answered!

http://briskoda.net/...hat-do-they-do/

Now to answer your question. It might work BUT you will need to get the car coded with a VCDS so the car in fact knows the fogs are there. It sould then also be possible to code it so that the cornering foglight function works.

How would I set about getting a Yeti coded so that the cornering foglights are disabled? They are potentially open to dangerous misinterpretation.

Do not really understand, why are they dangerous?

I really like the cornering lights.

Get the car coded???

I am old enough to think Battery/bit of wire/switch/bit of wire/ Lamp/ bit of wire/earth.

Yep. your car is run by computer, and you thought that you were in control.......That's what it wants you to think emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

VCDS by Ross Tech plus cable approx. £250. or find somebody on here who might do it for beer money.

Do not really understand, why are they dangerous?

I really like the cornering lights.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from a restaurant in convey with some friends in a car in front. This car was being driven by a senior traffic policeman who spotted these fog-lights going on and off in his mirror. He had not encountered such lights before and questioned their legality (in a nice way). So my first reason for not liking them is the possibility of being pulled over by plod who may not know that they have European type-approval.

Secondly, there is the possibility of other drivers mistaking them for indicators in some situations.

So I view them as an unnecessary gimmick that I can do without. So I can either drive with foglights on at night (illegal) or take the bulbs out, unless they can be disabled.

Edited by nomdeplume

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from a restaurant in convey with some friends in a car in front. This car was being driven by a senior traffic policeman who spotted these fog-lights going on and off in his mirror. He had not encountered such lights before and questioned their legality (in a nice way). So my first reason for not liking them is the possibility of being pulled over by plod who may not know that they have European type-approval.

Secondly, there is the possibility of other drivers mistaking them for indicators in some situations.

So I view them as an unnecessary gimmick that I can do without. So I can either drive with foglights on at night (illegal) or take the bulbs out, unless they can be disabled.

I take that you feel they might be illegal? You can disable it using the Maxi-dot or VCDS.

My feeling is that if they are fitted then they must be legal - if they are not, the police can talk to Skoda.

The Yeti E variant has no fog lights but appears to have a plastic blank in place of the bulb.

Question Please: has any E Owners tried this or even is there any other E owners!

I am not sure how the spot light link up, but it might be a good idea to get the whole assembly from ebay, it might be expensive though, given that the whole thing includes the headlamps.

Might be a good chance to upgrade to Xenon whilst you are doing that!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-OEM-Skoda-Yeti-Headlight-Unit-Drivers-O-S-2009-/280740318770?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415d6d4e32

This looks like it has a projector lence - hence Xenon?

the cornering fog lights are fantastic.

They light up dark places so you can see where you are turning into before the car goes in there. Great for places where there is little or no street lighting, but still useful around town.

So what if they mistake them for indicators? They only come on at low speed if you turn the steering wheel quite a long way, or at low speed when you put your indicator on, so it really doesn't matter. Mistaking them for indicators. No you turn the steering wheel left, the left fog comes on, with indicator if switched on. Etc. I personally don't understand how this can possibly be confusing. I drive thousands of miles in the dark every year and I have not had one incident, either in town or in the country.

PS this has been covered many times before.

Might be a good chance to upgrade to Xenon whilst you are doing that!

what about the loom, the ballast units, the headlight washers, the motors the sensors for levelling the headlight.......converting to xenons will be more expensive that changing the car and buying one with them fitted. Ie thousands. To give you an idea, BMW did a kit a few years ago for the 5 series. The parts were about £2500 at the time 5 years ago. Plus labour and VAT. And that was fairly straight forward to fit. The Yeti won't be easy to do in comparison.

Edit: not to mention any warranty problems.

since no one answered clearly your question....

i am afraid there is no simple "plug'n play" solution here.

a/ there is no wiring for the fog lights in your vehicle

b/ the lights are sealed in a way that precludes simple installation of a bulb

since no one answered clearly your question....

i am afraid there is no simple "plug'n play" solution here.

a/ there is no wiring for the fog lights in your vehicle

b/ the lights are sealed in a way that precludes simple installation of a bulb

Thank you rc_46

Wiring is not the problem it is getting a bulb to fix into the reflector

How stupid can Skoda get to provide two decorative lamps which no one can use

How stupid can Skoda get to provide two decorative lamps which no one can use

It's more common than you think, not just with Skoda, especially when the fog lights are incorporated into the headlight cluster as on the Yeti.

Most lower spec cars get the black plastic blanking plates, think yourself lucky Skoda didn't go down this route on the base specification Yeti, my guess would be that it would look pretty bad what with the foglights being high up and them being an integral part of the Yeti's unique 'face'.

As with a lot of retrofits it often makes much more sense to spec them when ordering the car from the factory...