Yeti Problem..please help

MCAMRA

Hi

We have now completed nearly 8000 kms of trouble free motoring with our Yeti and have enjoyed every minute. However, out of the blue comes a very annoying problem.

Both the driver and passenger window (and perhaps the back) are rattling beyond the point of driving me mad. This did not not happen over a period of time, but just one day they decided to rattle...and I mean rattle....both sides !!!!!!!!......If I lower the window by 1-2mm the noise goes away.

I have read this thread ...briskoda.net/forums/topic/195174-drivers-and-passengers-window-rattles/......which I can say is exactly the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem ? Is this a problem known to Skoda ? Is there a soloution ?

I really hope hope someone can help..... I love the car but cannot tolerate it any longer :'(

Mark

Could be the seals on which the windows sit against, I know this is an issue on the vw golf. If this is the cause there is a dry lubricant you can get in mapplins that solves the issue.

If it's the seals then this stuff might help: http://shop.autobritedirect.co.uk/einszett-rubber-care-gummi-pflege-100ml-760-p.asp. You can usually find it on eBay.

Thanks for the two responses.

It is certainly something to do with the top seal that the windows rest against when they are fully closed.

I tried a dry lubricant (or the French equlivent) but no change. I will order the gummi-pflege as I have read that people with the same problem have used this stuff.

However, I washed the car today with a jet spray....and the noise has actually disappeared on all windows. You can now hear a pin drop inside the car. But not sure if it will last.

What has caused / or is causing this problem is a mystery. To simultaneously happen on all windows at the same time ????????

Regards

Thanks for the two responses.

It is certainly something to do with the top seal that the windows rest against when they are fully closed.

I tried a dry lubricant (or the French equlivent) but no change. I will order the gummi-pflege as I have read that people with the same problem have used this stuff.

However, I washed the car today with a jet spray....and the noise has actually disappeared on all windows. You can now hear a pin drop inside the car. But not sure if it will last.

What has caused / or is causing this problem is a mystery. To simultaneously happen on all windows at the same time ????????

Regards

If the problem is dry window seals maybe using the jet wash stopped 'em being dry. ;)

If the problem is dry window seals maybe using the jet wash stopped 'em being dry. ;)

Yes, unfortunatly they are dry again...I have just been out in the car since washing it this morning and of course the noise is back.

The constant crackling in the car is really driving me mad....and cold. I have to drive with all the windows open.

Is the car still in warranty?

If so then best advice is take it in for them to look at.

If not then I'm in the dry lube camp also.

Hi,

Even in my Yeti, the same problem was there. There are some solutions (with varying degree of lasting effect) which were able to solve the problem

1) 3M window channel lubricant spray : 1 month

2) Teflon Dry Lube: 1 month

3) Olive oil : 1 month

4) Rubber friendly grease : 3 months

The key is to apply it correctly in the groove in the top of the rubber seals (between the felt parts where the rubber seals join). This lubrication makes the rubber softer and solves the creaking / rattly sounds from the doors.

Works with my Yeti, do try on yours and see if it solves the problem!

Regards,

Sameer

Hi,

Even in my Yeti, the same problem was there. There are some solutions (with varying degree of lasting effect) which were able to solve the problem

1) 3M window channel lubricant spray : 1 month

2) Teflon Dry Lube: 1 month

3) Olive oil : 1 month

4) Rubber friendly grease : 3 months

The key is to apply it correctly in the groove in the top of the rubber seals (between the felt parts where the rubber seals join). This lubrication makes the rubber softer and solves the creaking / rattly sounds from the doors.

Works with my Yeti, do try on yours and see if it solves the problem!

Regards,

Sameer

Thanks for your very comprehensive response.

I actually took the car to Volkswagon/Skoda today and they sprayed all the seals around the doors with their own 'anti-friction spray' which so far has solved the problem. They also adjusted two doors that were not aligned properly in the factory during its construction (not good Skoda !!). They gave me the spray free of charge just in case the noise comes back.

If you can get this spray where you are it might provide a longer term solution for you. Anyway, its something to do with the fact that (well here anyway) the temperature at the moment is very hot in the day, and quite cold at night.

Regards

Edited by MCAMRA