New injectors on 170PD

Had new injectors fitted pre-emtive just over a week ago, now the DPF lights has been on every day since!! Its only just had a new turbo, dpf sensor and software upgrade within the last few months, it had DPF probs couple months ago but was fixed with the new sensor and software and ran perfectly, now since the new injectors the DPF light is haunting me!!! :(

Been carrying out a 7-14 mile regen every day for the light to go out but next day its back on again!! It doesnt do little town drives either!! Il ring the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

Anyone know how the 2012 diesel emmissions laws will affect a 2008 VRs with the dpf internals removed??? will they just affect 2012 cars onwards or are they going to get uber strict on DPF's and basicly want fresh air from the exhaust??

Im getting to the point now where its either getting sold or DPF removal, but dont wana go down the expense of DPF removal then fail its MOT and pay for a new DPF filter!

Anyone else having problems since new injectors? HELP :'( :'( :'( :thumbdown:

Well, IIRC, the proposal to check for removal of DPF / cat did't go anywhere because it was argued that it was too hard to carry out. The smoke test changes only affect post 01/07/2008 vehicles.

Nah the MOT CAT Check was back on again according to the last document i saw, SCN Member Adam Kelly also resat his MOT Tester course about 3 weeks ago and they mentioned it on there aswell

It does state that all cars that left the factory with a CAT must have them from the year dot. but it only says CAT, it doesnt say CAT or DPF or CAT/DPF so it might be a grey area

Obviously id be going down the shark route and just taking out the internals so it would appear like its still there but just be puffing a wee bit of soot lol, :giggle: just wondering if it will actually start failling an MOT at some point if i did remove it??? I just want rid of the DPF hassle!! ruining a great car!! :wonder:

Sharks route wont work either as they will notice the smoke coming out is more than should be with the DPF on

Just take it for a good blast on the way to the MOT station.

As long as its not left to idle too long then it shouldn't smoke during the test even when the throttle is blipped.

It is always good practice to ensure that the engine is up to operating temperature for the emissions test.

Ive had the same DPF issues since my injectors were replaced. I've also got a flashing glow plug light now and again which I've been told is a faulty actuator on the turbo, meaning I have to buy a whole new turbo unit. It's going in to main dealers on Tuesday so I'll see what they come up with but I'm getting fed up with it now. I'll fix it, then get rid of it.