How many miles past service due is OK

I have my first variable service coming up in 400 miles.

How many miles can I go "over" this and stay in warranty ?

Would prefer to get it serviced mid November when I will be about 400 miles over.

Shouldn't be too bad, providing you don't go over the maximum allowed mileage (18,000 miles I believe) then you should be OK.

Ian

Hmmmm, I'm on variable service interval, it says service in 400 miles, I'm already at 18,600 on the odometer !

I think you have 1k. Doesn't say anything in the book about going over. I also got 18.6k out of the interval and took it in just before 19k

I think you have 1k. Doesn't say anything in the book about going over. I also got 18.6k out of the interval and took it in just before 19k

Most brands dealers will allow upto 1K or 10 days over the mileage or dated services to allow for high milers and full up diaries.

I am always over in the works car, but so long as it's booked and you get there under this you're usually OK as far as warranty goes.

Shouldn't be too bad, providing you don't go over the maximum allowed mileage (18,000 miles I believe) then you should be OK.

Ian

I though variable had no max, our Mk1 1.9 tdi always managed 23-24000 miles.

Variable servicing does indeed have a maximum mileage, its about 2 years or 19000 miles on the MK1 petrol, and 30K but still 2 years on the diesel MK1. The MK2 is set at 18.6Kish or 2 years regardless of petrol or diesel. The MK2 software works in KMs, so the limit is 30K Kms or 2 years.

Sensibly surely it should be a %age, 5% or 10% whatever.

I would have thought that even 10% over on milage , but the oil kept topped up was better than a "dead on" service but with the oil never checked or indeed run low.

just a thought & I know the manufacturers like their excuses regarding warrenty works.

Variable servicing does indeed have a maximum mileage, its about 2 years or 19000 miles on the MK1 petrol, and 30K but still 2 years on the diesel MK1. The MK2 is set at 18.6Kish or 2 years regardless of petrol or diesel. The MK2 software works in KMs, so the limit is 30K Kms or 2 years.

My MK2 2.0TDi has made it up to 23K miles between Variable services, I think the maximum is actually closer to 30K miles or 2 years!

My Local dealer has previously quoted a max of 1500 miles in exceptional circumstances, i.e they are extremely busy to fit you in & you do lots of miles per day.

Normal is 1000.

Then something isn't right. T3chie might have an idea what it is.

I thought it was a max of 50000km?