How is this for a towbar!?

I took these pictures at the Frankfurt motor show on the new Porsche Cayenne. You press a button in the boot and voila this lowers down electrically:

314972_10150307209266324_671901323_8243355_1137954297_n.jpg

309079_10150307209366324_671901323_8243356_1383458103_n.jpg

293996_10150307209436324_671901323_8243357_169517999_n.jpg

314880_10150307209516324_671901323_8243358_1543684344_n.jpg

304217_10150307209581324_671901323_8243359_1126090410_n.jpg

I did not see the price but if you pay over £800 for a Yeti towbar can you imagine the cost?

Official Yeti tow bar = £800ish

Porsche electrically powered one.... wait for it....

£825!

Yes, only £25 quid more!

(Cayenne also has all season tyres as a no cost option!)

Edited by Deputy

Cute, but you still have to put the trailer on the ball yourself. :rofl:

Reminds me of when Hinckley Yachts demonstrated their new Picnic Boat to some old time Maine lobstermen. They very neatly steered the boat close to the dock and landed it sideways with the joystick. Skipper stepped ashore and asked the fishermen how they liked that? Fishermen: You'd better tie it up, young feller. ....as the tide took it down river.

Edited by Agerbundsen

Official Yeti tow bar = £800ish

Porsche electrically powered one.... wait for it....

£825!

Yes, only £25 quid more!

(Cayenne also has all season tyres as a no cost option!)

Wow........ I'm astonished. And just a tick in a box and wham your Porsche arrives with this towbar. Now struggling with incompetent dealers not being able to code it and this and that... For LESS than what I paid for my removable one (that had to be coded by a third party). Honestly SUK you should get your act in gear.

Wow........ I'm astonished. And just a tick in a box and wham your Porsche arrives with this towbar. Now struggling with incompetent dealers not being able to code it and this and that... For LESS than what I paid for my removable one (that had to be coded by a third party). Honestly SUK you should get your act in gear.

Agreed!!

Opel Insignia (or Vauxhall if you like) has a similar system, but manual. You will have to go on your knees and grab the towbar

and click it in the tow position. Very easy and fast, you do not have to mount anything, and its made by the same company that

makes the Skoda (VAG) bars .........................

It costs less than the removable Skoda towbar .

Yeah - especially when it's built on the same VW line as the Touareg which offers a normal retractable for £600 (and the Audi Q7 has electric retractable for £870). So obviously VAG can do it, just not SUK...

AND WE ALL KNOW WHY!!!!!!!!!

(imagined view from the directors)

We can't have Skoda (the cheapest, lowlyest runt of the litter) being better than VW, Audi or a Porsche.......as they are all part of the same group now!!

P.S. as for as I'm personally concerned they can kiss my :moon:

AND WE ALL KNOW WHY!!!!!!!!!

(imagined view from the directors)

We can't have Skoda (the cheapest, lowlyest runt of the litter) being better than VW, Audi or a Porsche.......as they are all part of the same group now!!

P.S. as for as I'm personally concerned they can kiss my :moon:

Agree - but they could at least offer a basic towbar for £500 and training for the dealers.

Brand differentiaton is one thing, rip off price and poor service another!

(so far the only annoyance with my Yeti is this issue, I wanted a towbar for a bike rack, but not at the prices I 've seen so far and hassle!)

Would I be pedantic to suggest that it rotates rather than lowers? :giggle:

Anyway for the first time in my life I removed (unbolted) the towbar from the Octavia before going on holidays.

Went to hook on a trailer yesterday,....... erm :S where is my towball, thats right......its still in the garage. :(

Doh!

Would I be pedantic to suggest that it rotates rather than lowers? :giggle:

Erm I saw it do it and took those pictures. It first lowers and then rotates. If it did not lower it would have needed an ugly cut-out in the bumper.

Erm I saw it do it and took those pictures. It first lowers and then rotates. If it did not lower it would have needed an ugly cut-out in the bumper.

Sniff!

I had studied the photos as best possible and the rotational aspect was easier to see than the initial (out of sight?) lowering bit

tee hee :D

I had a friend with a Cayenne (and a 911) and it was the most unreliable thing ever. I remember one weekend it would not let him turn the engine off and he couldn't obviosuly lock it so he slept in the car until the RAC arrived to sort it out. He sold it and now drives a Golf :rofl: