Hydraulic bonnet lifter kit

vRS Joe

Hi

I have the hydraulic bonnet lifter kit (Devonutopia).

Has anyone else had this poroblem? Were you able to fix it?

It was correctly fitted and subsequently inspected by Devonutopia

My car looks like it's been in an accident, if I can't sort it i'll have to re-fit the standard kit.

Any ideas before I start tampering?

Cheers

Joe

Seems to be hit and miss with these kits, I wonder if it detects if the bonnet is strait. Very hard to say mate, Have a play with the spcaing other wise if nothing works wip it off and ask for a refund. It cant be helped if the bonnet doesnt sit right. Plus no one wants there car to look like its had a brang!

Have you removed the little orange clip thingy??? Without removing this, it will sit noticeably higher on one side.

Jason's lifter is a top piece of kit and I've never heard a complaint yet...

Yep it was removed when Jason fitted the kit at Castle Combe in April.

One thing to try is fit one of the dampers out of your boot in place of the strut that came with the kit. It should be more used and hopefully apply less pressure.

It totally confused me as I have only had 2 bonnets show this symptom with around 100 kits sold over several years, and the other one apart from yours turned out to be a badly fitted bonnet after it was resprayed.

Seeing as i'm the only other person who had a problem with this kit I'd recommend checking the bonnet hinges (as mentioned by Jason mine hadn't been refitted properly after a respray), then there the catch mechanism, if you loosen off the bolts you can move it about which can adjust how high or low it sits at the front due to it catching the bonnet higher or lower. Finally the bumpstops in either corner of the bonnet can be adjusted which will affect how close the corners sit to the headlights. If you post up some photo's it would help point you in the right direction.