Electric Windows weird Behaviour Update

Lorenzo

Well I didn't get my windows looked at as they have been fine for months. But today they have stopped working completely !

Before I book it in for an expensive repair, anyone have any ideas?

I have checked the fuses and they are all ok, but my front windows are totally dead :-(

Rears are wind up :-) .

Maybe a scan with a VAG-COM could tell you something more precise. To me, it looks like an electronic or wiring failure somewhere. It is very unlikely all 4 servomotors have suddenly stopped working...

UPDATE ON THE ITALIAN 'MAD WINDOWS' SITUATION</p>

In most cases, after having thoroughly checked motors, mechanics and window frames, the weird behaviour of rear windows has been fixed. Nonetheless, there are still some 'desperate' cases where quite everybody agrees safety device sensors and settings could play a major role. The problem is actually and moderateley noticeable among VAG's (and other brands', too) recent cars.

Though, no official service can allow anti-pinch switch-offs for legal and warranty reasons. Now it is up to willing people with VAG-COMs....

My rear windows are playing up again, they sometimes drop back down after raising them. Im just not going to use them, I only use the car for two of us plus lots of gear. But, its pathetic that VAG cant make a window operate correctly isnt it?

My rear windows are playing up again, they sometimes drop back down after raising them. Im just not going to use them, I only use the car for two of us plus lots of gear. But, its pathetic that VAG cant make a window operate correctly isnt it?

On my Roomster, I have a problem with one rear window, if it is warm outside > 25 degrees and I open then window. After about 1 or 2 hours, if I then close the window and it is almost close. Then it stops and open all the way. It is like the safety mechanism kicks in a stops the window. If I then close the window in steps, then I am able to close the window.

Well I didn't get my windows looked at as they have been fine for months. But today they have stopped working completely !

Before I book it in for an expensive repair, anyone have any ideas?

I have checked the fuses and they are all ok, but my front windows are totally dead :-(

Rears are wind up :-) .

Has it been wet up your way recently?

My windows only work after long periods of dryness. I barely use the electric windows tbh having climate control, but they are useful for getting any condensation/water off the outside of the windows when it's damp. Unfortunately, that's when they don't work!

On my Roomster, I have a problem with one rear window, if it is warm outside > 25 degrees and I open then window. After about 1 or 2 hours, if I then close the window and it is almost close. Then it stops and open all the way. It is like the safety mechanism kicks in a stops the window. If I then close the window in steps, then I am able to close the window.

This is exactly what we are talking about for months :wall:

Very happy bunny :hi: . been looking at regulators for £150 plus fitting !!

Took the roomie to my local friendly garage ( who i know and trust ) and it was all fixed in an hour !!

It was the wiring loom, where it runs through the black rubber pipe in to the door . It had pulled too tight and so over the last few months had broken 5 wires!

I now have both windows working, my passenger mirror now moves again, the flashing red led in the door for the alarm is now flashing again :hi: and the switch in the drivers door that deactivates the sensors inside the car is now fine too . I am a happy chap although all this could have been avoided if skoda had pulled an extra 2 inches of wiring loom through into the door, there is enough slack to do this easily.

And the best bit is it only cost me £50 to get it fixed :hi:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

All of my windows have stopped working on a 10 roomy.

Ive checked all the fuses and they are all fine.

Its due an mot shortly and im wodering if this would be a failure?

It Is just under warranty but the dealer is making me wait 2 weeks to look at it.

Typical. This is 'the case'. Until now, no official fix, just advice to keep clean glasses and rubber rings...

• 8 months later...

Good Day All

I have bought my wife an 07 plate Roomster3, but after 2 weeks both front windows failed. I check fuses, but there were ok. I have told the dealer I bought the car from as it has a 3 months warranty, so it is going to be booked, also need a new release bearing for the clutch!! As I am new to the forum, your posts have given me so ammunition that its a common problem and can not be classed as "ware n tare"

So many thanks to all the above.

Steve  

• 2 months later...

Just bought a 2006 1.4 TDi Roomster and both front windows don't work. Not fuses or loose connections. Skoda (Bristol, UK) said it was the drivers door electric motor which had failed - but I wasn't convinced as why would that affect BOTH windows ?

Then one day a few days later they both worked fine; but since that one-off - nothing. They don't work again.

Now going in to another Skoda dealer for a diagnostic.

But if you have any ideas ??

Just bought a 2006 1.4 TDi Roomster and both front windows don't work. Not fuses or loose connections. Skoda (Bristol, UK) said it was the drivers door electric motor which had failed - but I wasn't convinced as why would that affect BOTH windows ?

Then one day a few days later they both worked fine; but since that one-off - nothing. They don't work again.

Now going in to another Skoda dealer for a diagnostic.

But if you have any ideas ??

Is it the blue one with about 34k miles, that was at Bristol South?

No, flamenco red they call it.

I only ask because I test drove a blue one a couple of weeks ago and the front windows didn't work. The battery was also flat though and it had to be jump started, so that might have contributed.