Rear parking sensor fault...

Hello,

I have the same problem now! sometimes a high pitched tone on selecting reverse and no display on the screen, and sometimes the parking sensor works fine. The diagnose shows the left and right sensors are faulty, but I'm not sure why the are working sometimes !!! I have been told they have to be replaced but not sure why that is the only solution as they work sometimes. Is there something else to try it before replacing them as they will cost me too much !!! Any idea ?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have a 2014 skoda Octavia elegance, only recently been having issues with the rear parking sensor as giving out a loud beeping noise which is giving me migraine especially when I’m driving.

Been to a garage and put it on diagnostic and the fault is “park assist unit not connecting..” 

main dealers are gonna rape me for the cost. Any suggestions before I do this myself and see if anything has come off.

• 9 months later...

Did 

On 18/10/2011 at 10:54, skodanorman said:

I know the feeling. Our nearest dealer is a good 70 mile round trip. Hmm, I might bite the bullet and take it later in the week. I don't suppose that the fact I only bought the car in July would be by any means grounds for me to have the work carried out for free?

DiD you ever find the solution as I have the same problem and I listened and it was the middle left sensor which is not making any noise

On 10/10/2012 at 23:03, Sammy Craig said:

I've got the same problem, high pitched tone instead of the normal beeps, no graphic, then a momentary graphic of the car after I've taken her out of reverse. Have followed the 'clicking sensor' advice and found one not working. Will let you know how it goes in terms of repair. Thanks to all the other previous posters who've helped me get to the fault diagnosed stage.

Cheers

Sammy

DiD you ever find the solution as I have the same problem and I listened and it was the middle left sensor which is not making any noise

My reversing sensors on the LHS are ofte oversensitive, if there is a slight incline it will sound and show the left sensor(s) activated even though I have a high ride height with uprated suspension.

In fact it beeps pretty most of the time I am reversing, as I approach the garage door the display and audio beeps shows the LH sensor(s) at touching proximity and the RH ones at their true distance of a few feet.

It gets marginally better when I clean the car but only for a short while.

And here is the strange thing, its currently working faultlessly 2 weeks after using a Romanian car wash team, and did the same several months back, they use a really aggressive power washer that has blown all the paint off my not very well repainted towball guide (wire brushed rust off then sprayed) and it would appear that its doing something positive to the dodgy sensor(s)

Anyone else experienced this?