fed up with boring over rated superb

DSG is better than auto anyway, you probably lose 10% over a stick, only downside is the cost of replacing it, it's 5k for a full box and Mech, and you will need a DMF before it's hit the 100k mark, other than that you will be pleased you picked a DSG, it's the way forwards, and backwards if you get my meaning :rofl:

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a DMF?

Cheers,

Ivor.

I got the mk2 se 140 dsg for taxiing. Been in the trade for over 20 years. Must admit, out of all the cars I've owned, this is deffo the most uncomfortable driving position. Can't fet it right no matter what. But I'm sure, with a bit of measuring a replacement seat from a Merc or BMW would slot in, or even a sports recaro. At least you wouldn't have to get rid of what is basically a solid and reliable car.

Perhaps the problem can be identified by the fact that many love it while you do not.

You have bought a 1.9 PD base S model, presumably to be a big and cheap taxi. Therefore your objectives were different to many Superb owners, who go for a decent spec and power-plant as a way to exec quality on a budget.

The question I have, if size is presumably a priority, is what else you possibly think you could have got for the same money which would have been better??

Rather than ranting about your car (which would be in no way comparable to mine, so I really can't appreciate your point), why not stop and think about what you could have done to improve things - i.e. Test, or at least properly understand the differences between the car you drove and the one you ordered. That's what the brochure is for.

Either dig a bit deeper for a decent model or get a top end Octavia.

There's nothing wrong with the base models!!! I have a 1.9 Greenline which replaced a Mk1 PD130 Classic and its streets ahead of that car. OK it has less power, but the comfort, roadholding and overall driveability is excellent in comparison. My Greenline is basically S Spec with leather Wheel (that adds a touch of luxury) and gear lever gaiter and it also has factory fitted rear sensors that display in the 'basic' Swing radio - that's enough for me. Not everyone needs or can afford a fully specced Elegance on a retirement pension! Rant Over

• Like 1