BATTERY DAMAGED?

xcyber

Today I had to call serviceman to get my car started! Not even the key did open the car.. :(

Yesterday I drove about 500km and I didnt have anything that should use power while it was alone by it self in the garage tonight.. Shuld think the battery was totally fresh after so long trip?

The serviceman checked the charging-power and he told me that it was OK. then he pulled out a remote battery from his car and plugged into my battery and then I could start! but the console flashed like a christmas tree after I started and several lights didnt get off.. so he took my car on his car and delivered her to nearest skoda-garage.

My car havent done 4000km yet :(

Anyone else have had this trubble with battery?

Have you had an ipod or multimedia connection on the car my last polo had a similar problem and it turned out that it was an outdated CAN harness not allowing the bcm to shutdown overnight thus draining the battery.

Not sure but worth looking into

Have you had an ipod or multimedia connection on the car my last polo had a similar problem and it turned out that it was an outdated CAN harness not allowing the bcm to shutdown overnight thus draining the battery.

Not sure but worth looking into

I had my htc hd2 connected while I was driving (bluetooth phone). attached to the sig-power. but removed it while I left it for the night.

"Outdated CAN harness".. this car is a 2012-mod so yes.. it could be outdated :)

Edited by xcyber

This isnt the cause...

I had left an ipod connected on mdi, and thought this had drained the battery.

On looking into it, the drain from an ipod charge, such devices low maH draws would need around 3 weeks of constant use to kill a car battery.

I have also left the ipod connected since with no problem. Seems to be a random issue!?

, the drain from an ipod charge, such devices low maH draws would need around 3 weeks of constant use to kill a car battery.

It wasnt the ipod being connected it was the can bus harness that wasnt correct for the 510 rcd head unit there was a batch recalled of these harnesses as when the key is turned off it wouldnt draw any current. The the car does shutdown checks and keeps going round in a loop till all the criteria are met the harness threw a fault and my cd player kept changing discs all night.

It also happened to me overnight was fine the rest of the time

It wasnt the ipod being connected it was the can bus harness that wasnt correct for the 510 rcd head unit there was a batch recalled of these harnesses as when the key is turned off it wouldnt draw any current. The the car does shutdown checks and keeps going round in a loop till all the criteria are met the harness threw a fault and my cd player kept changing discs all night.

It also happened to me overnight was fine the rest of the time

Even if the mdi-player (external usb-ram) shuld turn on with the stereo after I look it.. how long time would it take before the battery was totaly empty like this morning? We are talking about 15 hours after a looked it till I was trying to open it again..

And have the garage tools to find such issues easy? or do they only charge/change battery first time and hope I dont come back...

Got the car back today.. The "Power Controller for the battery" was destroyed and replaced.

New coding for my spare key was necessary when I was picking her up..

I am not sure but it feels like there is another car to drive after this happend :(

is it possible that my ecu needs a remap? (the cars brain?)

Seams like the dsg change different now then before they changed the "powercontroller for the battery"..

Perhaps it was the ecu they changed since they had to program my keys when I picked it up? and that they didnt have the newest data? I dont know..

Anyone knows about how the electric works in the new skoda?

When I told a friend of mine that I had a road-help to start my engine with a remote battery he had.. he told me that new cars MUST NOT use remote batteries or start-cables to start the engine because they can get hurt.. he have a skoda too.

I am not sure but it feels like there is another car to drive after this happend :(

is it possible that my ecu needs a remap? (the cars brain?)

Seams like the dsg change different now then before they

changed the "powercontroller for the battery"..

Perhaps it was the ecu they changed since they had to program my keys when I picked it up? and that they didnt have the newest data? I dont know..

Anyone knows about how the electric works in the new skoda?

When I told a friend of mine that I had a road-help to start my engine with a remote battery he had.. he told me that new cars MUST NOT use remote batteries or start-cables to start the engine because they can get hurt.. he have a

skoda too.

Aye I think your m8 correct remote battery shouldn't be used to jump the new fabia's

Aye I think your m8 correct remote battery shouldn't be used to jump the new fabia's

What a load of rubbish !

If the battery is flat, then how are you going to start it ?

Jumping from another battery is just like using the first battery to start it, it would not matter how many batteries you

use as long as they were in parallel.

Radiotwo

What a load of rubbish !

If the battery is flat, then how are you going to start it ?

Jumping from another battery is just like using the first battery to start it, it would not matter how many batteries you

use as long as they were in parallel.

Radiotwo

LOAD OF RUBBISH !! Bit strong !!!!

Apparently there is a issue with the fabia's system(ecu) when the battery is flat and by-passed there has been links and posts regarding this issue

I've always thought grumpy old men listened to radio2

Apparently there is a issue with the fabia's system(ecu) when the battery is flat and by-passed there has been links and posts regarding this issue

I've always thought grumpy old men listened to radio2

Perhaps I shuld take a trip to the skoda dealer and ask them to check my ecu for correct programming?

btw.. Anyone know if there is a new ecu for the 2012-model? That perhaps dealers in Norway dont have yet?

First I wait a year for the car then 2 months later it starts to brake down :(

Fabia Combi 1.2 TSI DSG

The only time I have heard of problems related to remote (Jump) Starting from another battery is if you connect wrongly and or cause damage to the alternator or charging system. In my local dealer, they had a Monti, with extra leads coming from the bonnet... He said they charge the battery from it at regular intervals. Again, no worries if you use a good charger!

The manual clearly describes how to start the car from another. Assuming the correct procedure is followed I can only envisage a problem if the non-starting car has a wiring / electrical fault creating the situation to (try) jump starting.

However now as a donor car I'm now very cautious. I can't prove it as I didn't realise right away but suspect being a good Samaritan cost me an alternator. It was still partly charging but the output off load was only about 12.5V not 14.4V so battery getting only perhaps 30% charged.

Fortunately off eBay I got a recon one for £15 that had only been recently fitted to a car before a prang writing it off.

Edited by delta925