Gearbox 1st and 2nd not selecting

Good Afternoon,

Tonight i pulled away from a junction in a hurry to avoid a car and snatched second to get a move on. When second was selected it just reved the engine.

I have lost first and second gears, when selecting them the cables seem to move to the correct positions but has a negative feel on the gear lever itself as in when selecting gears i can here a selection taking place on 3rd to 6th but cant here any selection taken place in 1st and 2nd.

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th and reverse work fine so i know its not the cluth. The cables seem to be fine. I have not had any issues with these gears in the past. therefore i think the quick start has damaged something. Are there any common or known problems that can occur with a quick pull away.

I also never hurd any bangs or knocks just wouldnt drive in first or second.

Thanks alot

regards

Its a gearbox out, and splitting job to do any work. Will be a few hours work to get to the bottom of it. There's a spare box for sale in the classifieds for a smidge under £300. Might be worth swapping to get you mobile first, then look into the damaged box. Also means you can inspect the clutch for wear whilst the engine & box are apart.

Cable adjustment per following video, although the lock lever will be in a different position

The selector 'nose' can come out without removing the gearbox, but unless it's a broken cross pin (rare), the fault will most likely be with the fork itself, or maybe even the syncro hub for 1st and 2nd gear, and that'sa box out and strip down.