Buying my first Superb, part II

zoka

So.....

After more than welcome advices by you BriSkodian good people, here is state of the affairs

Cars that I will describe here are still on sale so no reg numbers no pictures, no direct links but if you are going to search Auto Trader,

Gum Tree (London area) and Flee bay for Superb 1.9 Comfort or Elegance you will find cars that are described, deserted, neglected and not look after..

Let me elaborate..Skoda's that I sow so fare

Blue Elegance Luton area

guy is or was car mechanic, car did have water issue, all done sorted, front disk replaced, CCM is working, wire loom was rewired, re-solderer, paint almost perfect, so.....

After excitement of me finding my ideal Superb, one day later I decide to do HPI check (don't advice me to do it BEFORE car viewing, damage is done or not??)

So HPI come back as Category C write off..........

It was done before he bought it.........

Beige Comfort... down south....

some rust that was not described in the adds on web...

water was almost touching bottom of battery....., CCM function not perfect no vanity light function (parking sensors where shoot.... windshield was scratched ....

Beige superb in Newbury area,

after chasing seller to admit connection between private plate TXI XXXXXX and minicab businesses, car leak coolant

fluid on test drive........front bumper fit poorly, traces of stop-leak in coolant....... relay was ticking all the time (water in the front left light..)

~Black classic auto dirty inside. so dirty, no service book........

Blue superb London area full example of BriSkoda forum warnings.....

No internal lighting at all.... smell of standing water.. water traces in the boot....... odd rust bits and boob

Will I ever found mu Superb.....

Thanks for all of yours advices and your posts,which make me wise buyer of Superb ;)

I will continue to look for my Skoda

It's just unbelievable that VAG produced this clone of the B5.5 in full knowledge of the water ingress problem - having done it before on the Passat.

Where the brake servo is affected, this defect is dangerous.

I suggest you think long and hard about buying one of these - the car is so badly designed that only a long list of preventative measures will make it fit for purpose. The dealers of course will never do this as there is no profit in it and providing a service to the customer is not in the VAG rule book.

I will not be spending any of my money with VAG again - the Mk I Superb is an absolute disgrace. Residuals confirm this.

rotodiesel.

Zoka,

Dont listen to Rotodiesels repetitive and rather tiresome rants, dont let him put you off what is a great car.

We bought a 2002 Superb in March and it has been fantastic.

Keep looking, the right one WILL turn up sooner or later !!!

You need a bit of luck and persistency. I am very happy with mine!

At least you know what to look out for mate. All cars have issues. And those that haven't tend to be boring japanese cars.

Thank you, all of you for your reply :yes:

Thank you Rotodisel for you extensive and thorough insight of B5 mechanic tips solutions and troubles.. reason I became such hard buying customer is because of you and all of Briskodian good people willing to share their troubles and advices.. :thumbup:

What is really annoying me is dishonesty of sellers.

How you can not to mention tear on back floor carpet, and reply on question "whats happens here m8" with "you know some people who are you sitting at back got sharp heels"

After pointing on tinny skinny blue wire (BT phone type of wire) showing under plastic on door-floor cower (one that all of you/us lift to check water ingress), his comment was "it it is for sub-woofer" after my comment "do not talk rubbish you need wire thick as pencil at least to power sub", he sad I got another wire from another side, at this point me feeling run down and fed-up and pi** off from all of this rubbish talk (and being 6'7" and enough/more stones and pounds that I'm willing to admit) pull boot carpet out of the car and drop it on the street and blatantly ask him "where is your sub-woofer"? Oh and the boot carpet was crinkly from water.... he sad I don't now.......?

What the @~P@:£......

OK, I admit it is hard to found car that you will love and buy at first sight....

But that 98% of them don't know of water ingress, or why vanity lights on your sun shield is not working.....It is hard to understand. At least for me....

I'm convinced that one special Superb will come my way and I will be happy to drive it to Rotodiesel (if he is OK with this) to fix all obvious things with my new/old Superb will have (20% off current rate for Briskoda members :thumbup: )

So if any of you parting from your Superb......... with water ingress sorted, and reverse parking sensors..you know the story, please let me know

Until that time, thanks, all the best and good luck

Zoka