I think it's lost it's mojo!

Ha all

I've had my mk1 vrs for 2 years now but I think over the last few months it seemed a little sluggish. Now maybe it's because I'm use to it and the power delivery now, but wondering if I've got a vac leak somewhere. I've had 2 codes come up, the good ol 17705 and 17545 but after they were reset they've stayed off.

I've also had a problem mentioned on here when I accelerate occasionally it goes then suddenly backs off slightly.

Any ideas and if it is a possible vac leak, which ones Should i check other than the breather under the manifold (which seems a git to get too).

Cheers

Well if you think it is a split pipe try spraying some ignitable fluid(not sure what the garage used) around the pipes. I had a problem with mine and we tried it and when it got sucked in all of a sudden the car revved up. Turned out one of the vac pipes had popped off.

Well if you think it is a split pipe try spraying some ignitable fluid(not sure what the garage used) around the pipes. I had a problem with mine and we tried it and when it got sucked in all of a sudden the car revved up. Turned out one of the vac pipes had popped off.

That is certainly NOT one of the best ideas I've heard. Especially if anybody was intending to use Ether based stuff. Or even brake cleaner would be bad enough.

17705 code can be anything down to a split hose or a new throttle body . I cured mine with a new throttle body but after checking the pipes and fittings . Happy hunting . As for the ignitable fluid idea why not find out where the boost pipes are and move them about with your hand and if you have a split pipe the engine will rev up .