changing vRS badges

Hi all

Iv bought myself the newest version of the vRS badge for the front grill.

I read somewhere that the badge sits on a plastic backing plate and the badge just needs to be 'peeled' off with a flat ended screwdriver.

Had at closer look yesterday and mine seems to be bonded to the grill with no backing plate to be seen, can anyone shed abit of light onto this for me?

Thats the mod i want to do to mine asap should look great when on not looking forward to doing it though going to change indicator and sidelight bulbs next week so might tackle the badge as well, i'll order that this week , hope you go on ok fitting it i'm sure someone on here would have done one before to offer some advice

Update, got the badges changed, there is a backing plate on the old one, using a small flat blade you can pull up one of the corners, best to get it from the right hand side as it hangs over the blacking plate then just slowly work it off.

Take off any of the stick material that was used to put the badge on originally then stick new one on :)

2011-11-01133326.jpg

2011-11-01144335.jpg

:thumbup:

Any plans to do the back ones?

I've just changed to the new rear vRS and Octavia badge as well as changing to the newer light clusters.

Na i think im going to leave the back ones as they are

Rear light clusters sound good though!

Just my ten pence. If u aint got fishing wire then tooth floss does the trick aswell. Gonna be changing mine and almost bought them on super skoda last night along with the gear knob replacement with vrs on but but the time I got to the checkout price was 48 euros and just didn't fancy paying nearly £50 for 3 little changes so chickened out lol. Will decide if I want to change both badges at a later date me thinks.

My vRS is almost identical to yours.

Here it is when I bought it a few weeks ago (old vRS & Octavia badges and old rear light clusters with integral reflector)...

OctaviavRS3.jpg

And a few days later with the latest badges and lights...

IMG_1291.jpg

From the back it now looks like a much later vRS, it's only the real vRS fans that will notice the older alloys and smaller wing mirrors, until they pass me of course and see the pre-FL front end :giggle:

As above I used dental floss and a heat gun to remove the old badges with some tar remover to get rid of the glue that was left behind (similar to the bits left under your grill badge). I then used some FL photo's off the Skoda UK used car site to ensure I located the new ones in the right position.

The tail lights are a straight swap, four bolts each side. I even sold the originals on eBay for the cost of one of the new ones :thumbup:

Edited by silver1011

My vRS is almost identical to yours.

Here it is when I bought it a few weeks ago (old vRS & Octavia badges and old rear light clusters with integral reflector)...

OctaviavRS3.jpg

And a few days later with the latest badges and lights...

IMG_1291.jpg

From the back it now looks like a much later vRS, it's only the real vRS fans that will notice the older alloys and smaller wing mirrors, until they pass me of course and see the pre-FL front end :giggle:

As above I used dental floss and a heat gun to remove the old badges with some tar remover to get rid of the glue that was left behind (similar to the bits left under your grill badge). I then used some FL photo's off the Skoda UK used car site to ensure I located the new ones in the right position.

The tail lights are a straight swap, four bolts each side. I even sold the originals on eBay for the cost of one of the new ones :thumbup:

That looks class, loving the number plate aswell :thumbup:

Do the letters in the new 'octavia' badge come individually? cant see a seam in them

Edited by Ema_jane

The rear badges are a doddle; they come attached to a cardboard window with clear plastic over the adhesive. This allows you to line them up, attach them and then peel off the cardboard.

I did this same mod to my Scout (parked next to the vRS) and remembered to take a picture of the badge before applying. Here it is. The only disadvantage is that they were £15 + VAT each :o

OctaviaFLBootBadgeBriskoda.jpg

The changes to the later lights are discreet but I much prefer them. It's hard to tell in this picture but the pattern on the lens is different (horizontal lines rather than a hexagonal pattern) which makes the C shape of the tail lights cleaner and looks much better at night :thumbup:

RearLight3.jpg