Servicing costs

Short answer: it depends.

Long answer: Depends on long life or time and distance. Depends on Skoda dealer or backstreet garage. Depends on where in the world you are.

Also, the asterisk's don't help. And this should be in the Octavia 2 section....

It might help if you said where you were, at costs can vary around the country.

Also dealer or independent?

Paul, I am just down the road from you in Newtown, am i right in thinking yours is a forest green yeti ??

We have used Faintree garage for years but i feel there servicing costs are just so expensive. have you tried the place in Oswestry?

well what type of topic is " General car chat " meant to have in it ???? it is a general question which happens to be realted to my octavia

General as in anything not model specific or non skoda ideally !!

Seeing as you are asking about a mk2 skoda octavia I would say the best place for this is in the mk2 section. Besides you'll get far more replies in there

I'll move this for you.

Skoda are currently offering a service deal.

£299 for 2 years / 20,000 miles which includes two MOT's and cover for any repairs needed to pass either MOT.

Even without the MOT's that's £150 / service. Assuming approx. £50 for an MOT that reduces the price to £100 per service.

On an older Octavia that might need a few bits to get it through the MOT then that's even more off.

Either way £100 for each service is pretty good value.

At this price I'd rather pay than spend a few hours clambering under my own car in an attempt to save a few quid by swapping the oil and filter myself :thumbup: