A good review

vRS_Pagey

Some of you who look in on the Tech Shed forum may be aware I was buying a new laptop, well after some top advice from members I ordered a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 Laptop from the Dell Outlet, I spec'd a similar model on the main site and the price was around the 500 quid mark, so paying £335 including delivery from the Outlet was a no brainer.

Anyway to the point, the laptop arrived within a couple of days, however on initial start up I noticed there were a cluster of dead pixels in the centre of the screen, they were only noticeable on a dark back ground but the damage was there never the less. So I ring customer services expecting a battle due to the laptop being from the outlet etc.................how wrong was I? After 5 minutes of humble apologies I was transferred to the tech support who again apologised, normal procedure is to return to base for repair which can take up to 7 working days, however as it was a new purchase the guy organised an engineer to come to my house the next day (today). So today the engineer rang and confirmed an ETA, (he arrived 15 minutes early), 10 minutes later new screen in all working fine. :)

Normally people can only be bothered reviewing goods or services if they've had a bad experience so I thought I would share my experience as I believe strongly in positive reviews. :thumbup:

I wouldn't buy anything other than dell, their support service have always been top imo, and when they do take it away for repair, they said a nice man to collect and safely package it up for you. :-) x

Well my family have bought 2 refurbished Acer laptops from PCWorld & both of them work absolutely brilliantly, the equivelant Dell machines were far more expensive and even then i struggled to find a Dell laptop with high end graphics capabilities for a price i could afford.

As I have always said, you can't beat dell customer service!

I have also made a post in general car chat praising 3 companies customer service.