H3 Bulbs

szkoda13

Is anyone running 100w bulbs in their fabia? I've got H3 'colour match 4500k' bulbs in at the mo and compared to the HID's I have they are shocking.

I want the brightest option available without fitting another HID kit. However I'm not sure if the 100w bulbs will melt the lens?

H3 being the high beam I suspect you'll be fine so long as they're not on all the time. No guarantees of course.

The H3 4500k bulbs will be crap as they're probably cheap standard bulbs with their output reduced by a colour filter? I suspect Osram night breaker plus might be much better. Does colour of the light really matter?!

If your HID's are not factory it's claimed the MOT standards are changing soon, and a car with them won't pass. As it stands aftermarket HID's are technically illegal anyway, and you could be pulled up over them by BIB.

Yeh they're the ones with the blue coating, don't know why I bought them tbh they're absolutely crap.

I've never been flashed for having HID's, even when I got pulled for my MOT running out they didn't even mention the lights, its also passed two MOT's with no problems. If the rules change I'll take them out. Simples.

Still not sure whether to go with 100w or just Osram Nightbreakers for the main beam though, do you think there will be a big difference? i'm not bothered about colour any more just output.

Hello szskoda13

I run 100watt clear H7 dipped beam bulbs with H3 full beam bulbs at the ready.

The 100watt bulbs over the 55watt is significant in brightness and has NO tell tale BLUE tint, so not a problem for the last two MOT's.

Foglights will have H3 100watt bulbs fitted when they blow, as said with full beam bulbs.

Have got clear bulbs as opposed to them BLUE tint ones available.

It is the Xenon gas allows the brighter higher wattage bulbs, but uses no more energy and does not create any extra heat. that the original 55 watt bulbs

http://www.aceparts.com/search.php

I use these in H7 for the dipped beam & H3's in both fully beam & fogs - big difference and they arent HIDS!!B9ksgGg!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!k8Ey+jC1vh8BM6Qg1e!GQ~~0_12.JPG

May I ask what brand, wattage they are? And where did you buy from?

Hello szskoda13I run 100watt clear H7 dipped beam bulbs with H3 full beam bulbs at the ready.The 100watt bulbs over the 55watt is significant in brightness and has NO tell tale BLUE tint, so not a problem for the last two MOT's.Foglights will have H3 100watt bulbs fitted when they blow, as said with full beam bulbs.Have got clear bulbs as opposed to them BLUE tint ones available.It is the Xenon gas allows the brighter higher wattage bulbs, but uses no more energy and does not create any extra heat. that the original 55 watt bulbs.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Any specific brand or just ebay jobbies?

May I ask what brand, wattage they are? And where did you buy from?

Any specific brand or just ebay jobbies?

E-Bay from UK seller, non-brand name, Xenon gas used not Halogen.

Had to really scour E-Bay to get the clear and BLUE ones though.

Tap in clear 100watt H3 - H7 once onto below link..

£5.95 for 2 bulbs with free postage.

Try direct link, tap-in as above text>

http://www.aceparts.com/search.php

are the osram night breaker better than the star silver?

tar

Phil

Brighter, but not as long life.

I have silver stars (+50%) in the Kangoo (H4 dual filament) and the SDI(H3)

dipped and full beam. Then nightbreakers (+80%) in the vRS (H3) full beams and (H3)

Philips xtremes (+90%) in the dipped plus Osram all season in the vRS fogs.

Haven't started playing with the bulbs in the MX5 yet :D