HTC Mozart Windows 7 phone

How old is your superb as only recent ones will connect to a Windows 7 phone as WM7 does not support RSAP, although oddly WM6.5 did.

Thanks for the speedy reply, it's a 2008 model so your explanation makes sense, cheers

Unfortunately even the "Mango" update to WM7 > WM7.5 does not fix it. Possible solutions would be a different phone or a swap of the BT Controller.

Yup, Mango doesn't help, I'll just make do until the next phone upgrade, anyone recommend a good smartphone that works well with the Columbus unit? I need a big screen for occasional video (mp4) viewing?

My HTC Desire HD has a 4.3 inch screen and is almost the same as the Mozart apart from the software. There is also the Samsung galaxy S II and the HTC sensation and sensation XL (sensation XL has a 4.7 inch screen)

My HTC Desire HD has a 4.3 inch screen and is almost the same as the Mozart apart from the software. There is also the Samsung galaxy S II and the HTC sensation and sensation XL (sensation XL has a 4.7 inch screen)

Thanks, does that mean, in general, that Android OS smartphones work well with the Columbus unit?

Thanks, does that mean, in general, that Android OS smartphones work well with the Columbus unit?

Yep, pretty much. To be sure, get a phone with Android 2.2 or higher (only really cheap Chinese makes use lower)

Edited by dobbey

I have used a sensation in quite a few cars, no issues.

Never heard problems with android and columbus/amunsden.

Sorry, but I beg to differ. I agree with your statement when referring to Columbus/Bolero in Skodas from MY 2011, but for those with older cars, an Android phone will not connect, as they require the phone to have RSAP integrated. It's not actually anything to do with Columbus/Bolero, it relies upon the BT module fitted to your car. From MY 2011, the BT unit was changed to accept RSAP (pretty much only Nokias) and Hands Free Protocol (HFP), which is integrated into every phone.

There are one or two execptions to the incompatibility though, and that includes the Samsung Galaxy series, as in the post above.

As Fluffmeister has said above, you can replace the BT module in older cars with the latest version, and any phone will then pair.