Dunlop Winter Sport 4D tyres

jan25

Just put these tyres on the Yeti (should ensure we have a mild winter, eh?!). The 225/50/17 wheels and tyres are into storage, and on have gone 215/60/16 all round, on Spectrum wheels.

No noticable noise increase, but a decidedly softer ride and slightly spongier steering feel.

Any other 4D users out there yet? The only reviews I've seen so far have been on pre-production tyres given to the motoring press (but good reviews). But nothing beats real life experience!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have them on my 1.6 cr tdi 75bhp fabia. Had them on 2 weeks on a set of steels. Size 195/55. I did not notice any difference from the continental contact 2`s that came with the car (done 6600 so far) in road noise or ride softness/firmness.

Dissappointed not to have had any ice or snow to test them here. Had a little slush one morning and had plenty of grip. I will post again if I get any snow or ice.

• 1 month later...

I`ve been able to try my 4D`s out last night. Great grip on snow, even tried to slalom with no loss of grip. I tried to provoke a skid under braking but the tyres & ABS gathered it all up. Very pleased with these tyres.

Edited by m8t