Octavia Scout 2010 Rear Screen

Octavia Scout 2010 rear screen smears on both sweeps of the wiper

Have checked wiper blade and all looks ok

Have cleaned both blade and screen with screen washer fluid ( Skoda’s own ) and also used Autoglym on the glass

But the screen smears BUT only in the mid point about a 1 /3 down ( so exactly in line of sight )

Really annoying

Any thoughts / comments appreciated before I pay out for new blades to see if that stops it

PS blades on car since Nov 2010 - as previous set Front & Rear changed under warranty - I am not impressed with the durable nature of the glass as it seems VERY suseptable to airborne rubbish and therefore scraches easy

Ta

Mine does the same, I'm 100% sure a replacement blade will fix it, just haven't got round to doing it.

The problem with the new type of blades is it is much harder to tell when they are worn.

Mine does the same, I'm 100% sure a replacement blade will fix it, just haven't got round to doing it.

The problem with the new type of blades is it is much harder to tell when they are worn.

Same here, I got just the rubber part ,Mastercraft brandname, it was for a another model but it was 45cm(I think) what we need.

Mine never worked ok except when window defroster was on, changed 3 months after new, cost of blade 6€.

+1 I keep the car clean generally so I notice it less. It did it on mine from new so not being sure a replacement blade will fix it I have simply left it.

I had exactly the same problem on my previous Octy estate,the dealer was ace (Parkview of Reading)

It took the trial of three new blades from stock before they found one which worked as advertised.