drivers light problem!

sullivan

Hi all,

I have an electrical problem with my 05 fabia. The OS/F drivers side light is not working, neither is the OS/R driving light! apparently when driving the rear lights flicker on and off but I have not seen it for myself. The local Skoda dealer cant explain what the problem is, but offered to replace the entire lighting unit as a solution. This seemed a bit excessive and expensive to me!

and yes I have changed the bulbs, shredding hands in the process...

has anyone had this problem or any idea what might be causing it?

any help greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

I have an electrical problem with my 05 fabia. The OS/F drivers side light is not working, neither is the OS/R driving light! apparently when driving the rear lights flicker on and off but I have not seen it for myself. The local Skoda dealer cant explain what the problem is, but offered to replace the entire lighting unit as a solution. This seemed a bit excessive and expensive to me!

and yes I have changed the bulbs, shredding hands in the process...

has anyone had this problem or any idea what might be causing it?

any help greatly appreciated.

Have you changed the fuse to the o/s side lights?

I have not. But I had rather hoped skoda would have checked the fuse when they had it! Is it a single fuse for the os front and rear? if so do you know which number fuse it is?

Thank you for the response. It was spot on. I feel like a spanner for not checking myself earlier!

I had hoped skoda would have checked it before recommending a new light unit tough!

Thank you for the response. It was spot on. I feel like a spanner for not checking myself earlier!

I had hoped skoda would have checked it before recommending a new light unit tough!

Glad it was an easy sort. Which dealer was it? I never want to go there.

Not flaming ,as most folks are a bit in dark with electrical faults .Here endeth the first electrical lesson -when two items fail ,best place to start is at source (or fuse ).And looking for common factor helps eliminate the obvious .

Glad you found it .

edit - just remembered that somewhere on here is a link to a fusebox layout .

Edited by VWD

Glad it was an easy sort. Which dealer was it? I never want to go there.

The dealership was the West End Garage Skoda in Broxburn, Scotland. I have been finding it very difficult to find somewhere that is trust worthy and competent!

It first went in to Arnold Clark Skoda in Edinburgh, which turned in to a complete disaster. for every one fault fixed they caused three more.

for the most part they have been a good garage, fixing Arnold Clarks damage. But I did think that this problem was simpler than they where making out.

Not flaming ,as most folks are a bit in dark with electrical faults .Here endeth the first electrical lesson -when two items fail ,best place to start is at source (or fuse ).And looking for common factor helps eliminate the obvious .

Glad you found it .

edit - just remembered that somewhere on here is a link to a fusebox layout .

Thanks I will look for the link, in the future Brisk will be my first point of call before talking to the spanner wielders!