Interior lights

Ford29

I have replaced the bulbs in my interior light with leds map reading and central bulb.

Despite all this the rear of the passenger compartment still remained very dark

So I have fitted a light in the center of the roof lining and now the rear compartment is well lit

Rear passengers very happy

I put a couple of these in the back of my car, I stuck them to the pillars with self adhesive Velcro, so that the fitting is entirely reversible should I change my mind -they're pretty bright but due to the angle and location they don't dazzle anyone.

Edited by greenstripe

I put a couple of these in the back of my car, I stuck them to the pillars with self adhesive Velcro, so that the fitting is entirely reversible should I change my mind -they're pretty bright but due to the angle and location they don't dazzle anyone.

Can you post a picture of them in the car so people can gauge how they look.

Cheers

Would like to see this too - if it looks nice and stealthy then I would definitely try it.

I hate it that it is so dark at the back. I usually at night when I return home put all my staff on the back seats, and when it is time to get them out it is like playing Alone in the Dark!!!

I have tried to add these pics but not very skilled at this.

I inserted the light in the roof lining just behind front seats.

Light has usual three positions

1 always off

2 comes on when doors open goes off shortly after doors close

3 always on

100_0067.jpg

100_0066-1.jpg

Seems like a good idea.

I'lve been wondering about fitting the Roomster rear headlining mounted light cluster in the Fabia. But it takes some bravery to just cut a chunk out and hope there's something to support it!

Edited by pearce_jj

Seems like a good idea.

I'lve been wondering about fitting the Roomster rear headlining mounted light cluster in the Fabia. But it takes some bravery to just cut a chunk out and hope there's something to support it!

My biggest problem "was there enough room between roof lining and metal roof"

What I did was take a 1mm drill and carefully drill through the lining until it reached the metal roof and from this I knew that there was enough room to fit my light. The drill is so small ae to leave no detectabl ehole in the lining.

Next I made a template of the light and stuck it to the lining in the desired place. Again using the drill I made holes over the area of the template to make sure there was no obstructions.

After that I cut a hole for the light and fixed it to thr metal roof.

My biggest problem "was there enough room between roof lining and metal roof"

What I did was take a 1mm drill and carefully drill through the lining until it reached the metal roof and from this I knew that there was enough room to fit my light. The drill is so small ae to leave no detectabl ehole in the lining.

Next I made a template of the light and stuck it to the lining in the desired place. Again using the drill I made holes over the area of the template to make sure there was no obstructions.

After that I cut a hole for the light and fixed it to thr metal roof.

Thanks, how did you attach it to the metal, not I presume with the aforementioned drill!?

Using the drill would be effective but a bit unsightly.

After cutting the hole I removed some of the sound deading material to expose the metal roof.

I then stuck two wooden blocks to the metal.

After that the light can be screwed to the wood.

When cutting the hole make sure you are towards the rear of the B pillars as there is a reinforcing bar across the roof.

• 3 weeks later...

Did not some models of the Fabia come WITH a rear interior light? If so, the fitting of one should be quite straightforward. Sourse the part, find the standard location, cut, fit and wire! I wouldn't be too surprised if they already ahve the wiring... I have removed rooflinings on a few vehicles, including a VW Vento (To fit another sunroof) And there is often additional wiring for extra lighting where there may have been higher spec models to benefit! Worth a brief check first!

Edited by mrgf

Did not some models of the Fabia come WITH a rear interior light? If so, the fitting of one should be quite straightforward. Sourse the part, find the standard location, cut, fit and wire! I wouldn't be too surprised if they already ahve the wiring... I have removed rooflinings on a few vehicles, including a VW Vento (To fit another sunroof) And there is often additional wiring for extra lighting where there may have been higher spec models to benefit! Worth a brief check first!

SE and elegance