Oulton Park Saturday 10th December

AdamR

Hmmm this appears to have relpaced the day at RAF Cottesmore; which I was planning to attend as its 10 minutes from my mums house :(

Ah well mayb i'll have to do Oulton instead. Much better value than the £140 I was considering paying to do a Club MSV day at Oulton next week

Well, I'm booked on and so is my mate in a Cupra R, and his uncle in a pretty beasty Evo. I won't be in a Skoda but would be good to put some faces to names!

Edited by AdamR

well i think i'm 99% sure i'll be attending this one

having looked at the attendee list though the poor beezer may comfortably be slowest car there - heres hoping some of the MX5's listed are mk1s :)

Sorry boys, but I won't be making this now, spent the dosh on a set of Xenon headlights....... :giggle:

To be fair I have been waiting ages for a set so couldn't resist!!

Next year I will be up for a session though :thumbup:

shhh it'll be bone dry :)

have you guys got a garage booked?

Haha, if you say so I'll go with that!

We have a garage yeah, no extra space for a car but more than welcome to stick any stuff in there if you wish :thumbup:

all booked

due to my own tardiness it's gone up to £120 today

dammit :(

a corner of the garage to put my kit would be great - likely to be a bag of lunch, 4 wheels, jack, wrench maybe, emergency oil & fuel, and possibly a cold shivered photo taking girlfriend :D

just chcek the attendee list and it's looking like a busy day better make suer me mirrors are clean as i think i'll be using them A LOT!

Good stuff man :) Yeah no worries at all, I'll either be in a blue Clio (with black squares on the doors) or orange Westfield, and will have a yellow Cupra R with carbon effect bonnet (2Fast2Furious :giggle: ) in the same garage.

My girlfriend will be along too and may or may not be shivering depending on which car we are in, haha.

Yeah, always busy at Oulton for that sort of money, that's why we need some rain to slow people down ;)

Will you be in Skoda or Seat?

Edited by AdamR

• 2 weeks later...

Am a little concerned that the list of attendees now totals 65+ and they are still selling places!

I anticipate a lot of queuing, and a LOT of getting out of the way!

Given the day'll end at about half 3 lets hope the red flags stay in the marshall posts!

Last time I went there were about 80 on (!) and it was fine actually, which suprised me. As you said, no/very few red flags will help to make things run smoothly...

I've been allocated garage 3 IIRC, if you're there early and want to dump stuff go ahead :)

Was good cheers, but very cold and not much grip! Track time started late as they had to de-ice the track, and there wasn't a dry line until at least 2pm, if that gives you an idea...

Good to meet you Cliff - sorry I didn't get much chance to chat, ended up a pretty hectic day once my mum and her partner turned up for passenger rides, I had no idea filling out an indemnity form could take so long... haha. Hope you found that locking nut tool and see you again sometime!

Edited by AdamR

Cheers Ad

Given all the dramas of the weekend the actual track time was the simplest part of the whole thing!

I was glad it was so wet and slippery and my road tyres didn't get destroyed.

Desipte being almost the slowest car out there (all bar the retro Skoda)I still had a awesome time.

Watching the Noble spin into the tyres in front of me and almost being able to hear the drivers searing as i past him is a particularly strong memory.

The locking wheel nut key is a goner :( I reckon I left it on the nut afer test fitting my corrado wheels and it flew off on the next commute to work.

I now need to work out how to steal my own wheels so that i can replace the lockers with standard nuts and actually make use of the jack, impact wrench and wheels i purchased just for track work!

Glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely challenging when it's like that, great for learning...

Didn't realise the Noble had binned it - we followed it out of the pits one session and the front wheel was wobbling all over the place, apparently a broken upright or hub.

Bummer about the locking nut tool... A quick Google brings up a few ideas so hopefully you can get it sorted :)

I've lost about 3 of these over the years so don't use them now. AA man will get them off for you, they are only supposed to remove one when you have a puncture, A £20 note will sweeten him up though. Failing that a good tyre distributor will have a removal kit but will cost about £40-£50.

Hi all, first post here. I was the person in the retro Skoda! - It was just purchased and after years of Oval racing, we are heading into the land of rallying and wanted to give the car a good run and basically iron out any problems or issues. Well quite frankly the car appears bullet proof! Its not the fastest thing in the world although with the dry line and on the last few laps we did manage to pass a few things! (Must of been strange getting passed by a Skoda 130 when in a TVR!) Anyway it was a cracking day and has helped me think that I may have made the right decision in leaving the oval world behind!