Drivers door hinge worn

Morning All

A while back in another post I was discussing with Mbanes and a couple of others about the driver door leaking if the car was parked leaning to the left.

While fiddling with other things I discovered that there is play in the door hinge, but only in the last couple of inches before the door closes. From fully open all the way you can't lift the door up and down, but in the last stage after the springs are no longer engaged you can lift the door.

I'm guessing this is a worn component, but which one, hopefully the pins. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I fix it?

Tom

Sounds like it.

I'll try mine in the morning, see if it is the same.

How much is it moving by?

It's hard to say, it's certainly noticeable, but as explained it only happens in the last section of travel before closing, once the springs etc have released.

I'll try and figure out approx how much tomorrow morning, while I'm fixing the seat belt that someone has managed to fold in half through the guide?!

Tom

I'll try and figure out approx how much tomorrow morning, while I'm fixing the seat belt that someone has managed to fold in half through the guide?!

That takes a special kind of skill to do that....

I had a look last night, but it was pretty dark so I gave up, or course it's dark this morning too!

Lord knows how they managed it. It certainly wasn't keen to sort itself out, or move at all. Wondering if a couple of spots of squeezy might persuade it to slide a little easier?

Tom

Edited by tomsimmons

• 2 years later...