Todd's "Dark Arrow" Octavia vRS shagwagon

darkArrow

• 3 weeks later...

thanks Gee-man :)

Hi Todd, can you post pics of where you fitted the kiddy seats? I am too having two kiddos, just want to see the space left after to kiddy seats =) thanks.

mate there's not a lot of room left after two seats, depending on the seats of course .. however on small trips when we have to load 3 adults in the car, my missus does fit in-between the two kiddy seats but she's on the small side (not tiny though)

photo2eg.jpg

photo1iy.jpg

Gents I've been considering getting a custom revo sticker done up in colours that will better suit this car. What do you think about placement ??

octyrevosticker.jpg

Edited by darkArrow

Rear door, as far back & down as possible :)

Thanks Philip.

What carbon fiber wrap is this? 3M di noc or what? I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my Fabia.

It's Hexis (French company) .. designed specifically for cars apparently.

@darkarrow: Thanks for the inspiration :)

no worries at all mate, I'm hoping to inspire a few aussies as well - Octavia vRS' have been virtually an unknown here, but the local skoda following is now growing rapidly.

your car looks great btw :thumbup:

.. here's my latest pic:

todayyc.jpg

Milltek cat-back and ITG Maxogen intake will go on shortly - can't wait! .. :rofl:

Edited by darkArrow

Do you have the code number for the Hexis carbon fibre? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEXIS-HEXPress-Carbon-Fibre-Wrap-Vinyl-500mm-x-760mm-/140692955350?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c1f420d6 Is this the same? Seems a lot glossier in the pictures than yours.

I don't have the code, but that certainly looks like the same stuff .. I suspect that they've upped the contrast a little in that image. It will look less glossy in sunlight, the amount varies depending on which direction it's viewed from. Good price too. :thumbup:

Edited by darkArrow

Sounds nice mate.

Can you make a vid where you take off ? I wanna hear the acceleration and gear changes.

Also, the wraps inside, did you do them yourself ? is it difficult to remove the plastic thingies around the radio and gear lever ?

Edited by SileX

thanks SileX, it's hard to get useful acceleration video, but here's a little taste:

nah I didn't do any wrapping, had it all done at a local car wrap company .. I suspect it's not that hard though, I just don't have the patience ;)

Thanks for the clip.

To share, here is what I am after, just for sound;

Although the mk6 gti shares all the same internals, the muffler is different to the RS. The gti sounds soo much better.

Thanks for the clip.

To share, here is what I am after, just for sound;

Although the mk6 gti shares all the same internals, the muffler is different to the RS. The gti sounds soo much better.

SileX I don't know what exhaust that GTI in the clip has, but it's not the stock GTI exhaust.

btw mine farts louder than that, hehe ;)

I've got some goodies about to be installed soon, but for now here's a few pics from a quick photoshoot today ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77408883@N02/6794648938/in/photostream/lightbox/

6794628672_0c6bc44bd8_b.jpg

6794648916_99ac352806_b.jpg

6794628686_5c86f1a42c_b.jpg

6794648926_51353c115b_b.jpg

6794648938_66eb228d3d_b.jpg

Edited by darkArrow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah it's like comparing a library to a surf beach ... (intake was done post-tune btw)

I have the larger of the two available ITG cannister sizes, and although I've heard a lot of Golf GTI and Golf R intakes I haven't yet come across any that are louder than this ITG :D

ok i now hate you for making really like the estate as well as the hatch hopefully should be going for a octavia vrs soon and this now makes it a hard decision between a hatch old shape or new shape pre FL or a estate pre FL! thanks for that darkArrow! :wall: hahah!