APS FILM

VWD

Looks like it's goodbye to my Canon ixus z50 as the makers have pulled the plug on this film format .( unless posters know where to get it ). Found some on ebay ,but a lot of new stuff being advertise from States .

just had a quick look at jessops

they are doing it for about £7.00 each

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/8863/show.html

did not realise they still made but also how expencive it has now gone due to low demand

it looks like at that cost it is time to move to digital?

hope that helps

Thanks mate - but move to digital ,to get the camera quality would cost mega.Canon IXUS Z50 is in advance of a digital costing £150 - 200 .

Got a Jessops local -will try them .Also got some on e bay . Will keep them in fridge as reserve .

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate - but move to digital ,to get the camera quality would cost mega.Canon IXUS Z50 is in advance of a digital costing £150 - 200 .

Got a Jessops local -will try them .Also got some on e bay . Will keep them in fridge as reserve .

To be fair, £200 for a camera isn't expensive, especially if you've been buying film and getting it printed (unless you have a darkroom?) You would soon get that back in savings. Otherwise, get an old film SLR? I have a load of them, can pick them up on ebay and you can get hold of 35mm film all over the place, or even medium format....

APS was a horrible format, and very grainy.

APS was a great format (in my opinion) with things going for it that 35mm didn't. Unfortunately, producing prints much bigger than 6"x4" (7"x5" at a push) was a real limitation of the medium.

Most modern digital cameras from about £80 upwards would probably outdo the APS format and cost less to run in the long term.

I'd switch - although there is a great danger that once you have switched, you will have more pictures (on your computer) but less printed and easily accessible!

...but you can get as many as you like printed, and it's still cheaper and quicker than processing film. Don't get me wrong, I like shooting film, but it's far from convenient or cost effective.