new yeti

kitten

My 170 Elegance, with sunroof, Annapurnas, heated screen, spare wheel etc was ordered in May, due to be built in January and picked up by me on 1 March!

It's been a long time .... and still a while to go.

Similar story for me Iain. Ordered 23rd May (CR170, sunroof, rrp, rails etc) in aqua blue - estimated delivery form Autofinders Feb/March.

Got to hope the wait has been worth it - and that the winter isn't too bad!

Sorry to hear the news on delays etc.

If you don't mind me giving some information it may help you in some way.

Firstly, BossFox, is currently a very good customer of ours (x2 Yetis on order) and from his post he is correct regarding petrol 4-5 months (although we have one coming in 2 weeks that was only ordered a month ago) and diesel 6-8 months really (this is more for the 140 manual and DSG and 170, the 110 does seem to be a tad quicker).

What we have to contend with is 'quota'. In a nutshell the factory can build 1 in 1 month, 2 in the next but then maybe nothing for another 2 months, thus creating a back log. The build will also get affected if it is diesel and/or DSG.

Please be aware that if you have a 'confirmed build week' this will not now change but it has to be confirmed. Provisional weeks are likely to change so please do not take these as a guarantee.

Hope this helps you all,

Lee

Sorry to hear the news on delays etc.

If you don't mind me giving some information it may help you in some way.

Firstly, BossFox, is currently a very good customer of ours (x2 Yetis on order) and from his post he is correct regarding petrol 4-5 months (although we have one coming in 2 weeks that was only ordered a month ago) and diesel 6-8 months really (this is more for the 140 manual and DSG and 170, the 110 does seem to be a tad quicker).

What we have to contend with is 'quota'. In a nutshell the factory can build 1 in 1 month, 2 in the next but then maybe nothing for another 2 months, thus creating a back log. The build will also get affected if it is diesel and/or DSG.

Please be aware that if you have a 'confirmed build week' this will not now change but it has to be confirmed. Provisional weeks are likely to change so please do not take these as a guarantee.

Hope this helps you all,

Lee

Edited by Charlieian

Apologies for messing up the post - user error! Meant to say many thanks to Lee at Preston motors, nice to have some inside knowledge, rather than well intentioned guess work!

Regards

Charlieian

Ordered May 22nd, unconfirmed build date week beginning 5th Dec, delivery "early Jan" :zzz: Unconfirmed build week now moved to week 50, (12th Dec), :thumbdown:

Update: Confirmed build week 12th Dec, may be delivered before New Year after all!!!!

:p

Update: Confirmed build week 12th Dec, may be delivered before New Year after all!!!!

:p

Mid to late January in other words. It takes 3 to 4 weeks from build to delivery in the summer and longer in the winter due to shipping being a tad inconvenienced by the weather.

Mid to late January in other words. It takes 3 to 4 weeks from build to delivery in the summer and longer in the winter due to shipping being a tad inconvenienced by the weather.

Yes. Elsie the Helipad was buried for the first few days of her life in this country under a whole load of snow, which was very frustrating, knowing she was so close, down in Sheerness, but unable due to the bad weather, to get her transported over to Allams in Epsom. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I wanted her buried on my drive at the very least emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I dont want to alarm you but i ordered my Yeti ( black Elegence TDI) in February this year and picked it up 3 WEEKS AGO !!!!!! The delivery date was put back and back then i was told it wasnt going to be built until end of september then not going to be built until 3rd week in October. Needless to say i was PIS*ED!!! I had Skoda jumpimg through hoops to keep my order. I told them that my old car was being scrapped in september and demanded a courtesy car at their expense until my car was delivered, i also got extras like mats and discount. I got a Fabia estate for 2 months and returned it with an extra 5,000 miles on the clock thanks to it coinciding with my touring holiday. The dealer says it was all Skoda's fault but you can never be sure.I am in the process of claiming compensation through the dealer from Skoda for the late delivery. By the way the car was worth the wait, its something special.