Columbus (RNS510) technology refresh

tomcatdk

Was wondering.

Does anyone know when RNS510 gets a technology refresh? Maybe a RNS520 version of some sort.

Eventhough it's one of the best devices ever for navigation, it would be nice if it could sport an internet browser for mail/web connectivity and other such "modern" necessities.

It's doing it's job really well, but it feels like it's stuck in time roughly 10 years ago when incar DVD entertainment was the next big thing. :).

Edited by tomcatdk

The satnav in the VW phaeton and touareg will probably be used in lower models soon, like the RNS510 was. I think it's called the RNS850, but you can check on the VW website :thumbup:

Edited by dobbey

It's a great media player but my 5 year old tomtom still beats it for nav. People think I'm odd to have the tomtom in the car when the OEM nav is built in.

+1 for tomtom, in my case on my iPhone.

The nav on the 510 has all sorts of faults, worst of which is incorrect ETAs.

+1 for tomtom, in my case on my iPhone.

The nav on the 510 has all sorts of faults, worst of which is incorrect ETAs.

No problems here with the latest firmware from VW and the latest V8 maps.

The ETA has a setting in the menus where it can be adjusted to be more like Tomtom.

The RNS510 headunit cannot be all that bad as its the most stolen headunit on mainland europe.

No problems here with the latest firmware from VW and the latest V8 maps.

The ETA has a setting in the menus where it can be adjusted to be more like Tomtom.

The RNS510 headunit cannot be all that bad as its the most stolen headunit on mainland europe.

RNS510 is the best. Would be supreme with a webbrowser and 3G access for mail/webbrowsing.

Edited by tomcatdk

RNS510 is the best. Would be supreme with a webbrowser and 3G access for mail/webbrowsing.

Why though? Surely just use a smart phone or tablet? The only use I could see for web connectivity would be route to function or web populated POI's

None of which should be used whilst driving though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk