1.2 TSI remap

Octyboy

Hi, I'm a returning Briskodian, in fact I don't think I've ever left, but I am soon to retire my current Octavia Vrs for a Fabia Monte Carlo. I'd like to resurrect and old topic if I may, that of re-mapping a 1.2TSI. Has anyone done it yet? :(

Hi, I'm a returning Briskodian, in fact I don't think I've ever left, but I am soon to retire my current Octavia Vrs for a Fabia Monte Carlo. I'd like to resurrect and old topic if I may, that of re-mapping a 1.2TSI. Has anyone done it yet? :(

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/191413-breaking-news-12tsi-development-car-required/ :)

Mmm! Never was keen on Guinea Pigs or Lab rats, but it could be way I go. I've got a re-tuning outfit here in Essex who have it listed as an available re-map so I'll sound them out first. But thanks for the reply. If I do take the plunge I'll have to submit the result on this forum.

:S

Who on Essex is that then as shark performance now have a dealer in Essex

I was referring to AMD in Thurrock. If I'm not mistaken they used to work out of Big Boys Toys but then AMD set up under their own name in bigger premises.

I have used AMD on a number of cars and have found them good put there performance claims can be somewhat inflated

They're stating about 25+bhp. To be honest I was looking to just give the 1.2 a little extra 'go' from 1st gear. Having been driving the Vrs for 5 years I like the initial pull. The 1.2 is being bought for multiple reasons and looking forward to it but I know I'll miss the other 100 horses. :doh:

They're stating about 25+bhp. To be honest I was looking to just give the 1.2 a little extra 'go' from 1st gear. Having been driving the Vrs for 5 years I like the initial pull. The 1.2 is being bought for multiple reasons and looking forward to it but I know I'll miss the other 100 horses. :doh:

My honest opinion is to try shark in Essex as they are honest with what you see is what you get. (as they say opinions are like a55 holes everyones got one and most of them stink

My honest opinion is to try shark in Essex as they are honest with what you see is what you get. (as they say opinions are like a55 holes everyones got one and most of them stink

Thanks for the advice. Took a look at Shark, liked what I saw but they don't have 1.2 re-map listed. Got link from Softscoop where they're looking for test car. I'll have to see what happens. Watch this space I think is the phrase.

Quick question for you, where have Shark set up in Essex?

Celtic tuning now claim to do all the VAG group encrypted petrol/diesels.

They claim 125bhp and 160 ft/lb of torque for the 1.2tsi

They also have a mobile service.

Hi Ian, jusy had a look at their website albeit a brief look. Thanks for the pointer.

On a Czech forum someone mentioned their 1.2TSI was giving 140BHP stock. Don't know if any of you have had yours on a dyno?

:o 140 Stock, be nice if it does. I'm still waiting for the sponge mix to cook off and the jelly moulds to set, and I hope to pick up the Monte Carlo in 3 weeks. Still keen to get it 'breathed on' for a bit of extra zip, but if no one out there within a reaonable distance of the M25 is offering a guaranteed remap tehn I'll just have it as it comes. :)

• 4 weeks later...