FMIC Kit - Group Buy - £200 Delivered

Huxley vRS

I wonder if you can put the under tray back on? and i suppose you will need to buy some of them VAG coupling thingys aswell :think:

And the pipping is 63mm?

All the clips are included that join the pipes :) and that's a good question about the undertray?

Huxley?? Lol

I think it should be fine tho doesn't seem to hang that low

Its a stonker of a size 63mm

With a massive blower.... Vnt20 hybrid i ran 57mm

How much I a difference will it really make?

Why do they worry about a bigger diameter if that would be the case why not fit smaller piping?

What is the standard piping diameter?

Edited by wilsy7

Guest BigJase88

Forge kit and seat sport kit is 51mm

Oem sizes vary....

Like off the turbo its like 40mm at the 90 degree bend

Then at the egr its 57mm

Forge kit and seat sport kit is 51mm

Oem sizes vary....

Like off the turbo its like 40mm at the 90 degree bend

Then at the egr its 57mm

It shouldn't really make a massive diff will it?

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

2" is 51mm?

You really need to know whats supplied in that kit as you'll require 2 oem connectors the likes you get from forge

The bigger pipework will increase lag i would have though but it should be okay

For the price of the kit it seems worthwhile however

2" is 51mm?

You really need to know whats supplied in that kit as you'll require 2 oem connectors the likes you get from forge

The bigger pipework will increase lag i would have though but it should be okay

For the price of the kit it seems worthwhile however

What connectors are those? I thought the silicone hoses just go over the piping and clamp on?

Huxley can you find out anything regarding the connectors please?

Guest BigJase88

They possibly could at 63mm

The forge kits etc use 2 adaptor flanges

One that connects into the oem bottom metal pipe off the turbo

And another which connects into the top plastic intercooler pipe and allows you to connect fmic piping

Im sure someone will post a link from the forge website about what im talking about as im on my phone

No do a google search, loads of pd130 owners sticking 2" pipe work on there standard turbos.

I had no lag when running 60mm piping on a remapped pd130, including larger post turbo hose and uprated SMIC with 60mm inlet & outlet. In fact the old Golf standard SMIC (pre-vw clip system) had 60mm inlet and outlet and for some reason VW put smaller diameter piping (inc. crappy pancake pipe) leading into the intercooler and smaller diameter piping leading from it.

Edited by trebormint

I had no lag when running 60mm piping on a remapped pd130, including larger post turbo hose and uprated SMIC with 60mm inlet & outlet. In fact the old Golf standard SMIC (pre-vw clip system) had 60mm inlet and outlet and for some reason VW put smaller diameter piping (inc. crappy pancake pipe) leading into the intercooler and smaller diameter piping leading from it.

it's not the diameter of the pipes which have a major affect on the boost( if anything the velocity is reduced and the losses due to resistance are as well), its the fact that when we take into consideration bernoulli's equation and the friction factor of the bends and material which is going to be increased with the longer lengths of pipe. But these losses may be considered negligible when we take into consideration the increases in density of the cooled air though the larger inter cooler

Going to sit this out and see if they contain everything to do the conversion and how easy it is.

If all good i'll spend the extra £27 odd and get one.

That's given me a thought. £27 really isn't that much of a saving. Is that really the best they can do when 10 are buying sold at once?

Did you haggle or was this their first reply?