MK1 vRS - Stage 2 R-Tech Tuned

Phil-W

In the end I had the other dust guard removed as well as replace the rear discs and pads with Brembo items.  My trusted garage did the work whilst the car was in for a full service.  I also had the rocker cover gasket replaced as it had always been a bit weepy since buying the car.  When I get time I'll clean the engine bay up now that it isn't being misted in oil every journey.

• Love it! 1

• 10 months later...

As some of you will be aware, I have decide to sell my car.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/522636-mk1-vrs-octavia-stage-2-tuned/

It's not without reservations and I know I'll regret it if the car sells.  I gave it a clean this morning and looking at it in the sun did make me think twice....

2.jpg

I don't think I'll find one quite the same again and when I add up everything that's gone into the car, it's definitely an eye opener.

Having said that, it's worth every penny and I know whoever takes the car on will be able to improve it further.  There's always something to do and that's why I enjoy having a Mk1, as it's a chance to tinker & improve on what's already there.

It's not perfect and I doubt it ever will be but I do hope that it'll continue to pound the roads of the UK, surprising people who assume it's just an old Skoda.

Edited by skinnyman

All cleaned, given a coat of Gyeon Wet Coat, detailing spray, some Meguiars Tyre Gel & a bit of Squid Ink on a couple of black plastic bits. 

It's now raining. 🙄

PXL_20240411_175236604.MP.jpg

• Love it! 1

Well, the car has gone to a nice chap called Elliott. He's already got plans for the car & has promised me he'll look after it. 

Hopefully it'll still be on here in some way & maybe this thread will live on for a while yet.

I'll still be around, probably in the Mk3 section if things go according to plan. 👍

• Crying 1

On 15/04/2024 at 11:33, skinnyman said:

Well, the car has gone to a nice chap called Elliott. He's already got plans for the car & has promised me he'll look after it. 

Hopefully it'll still be on here in some way & maybe this thread will live on for a while yet.

I'll still be around, probably in the Mk3 section if things go according to plan. 👍

this makes me sad 

9 hours ago, dubDEAN said:

this makes me sad 

Me too. The kids called it Big Red & it was part of the family. The Mrs cried when the car burbled away & I needed a few pints to recover when the realisation that I'd sold it sunk in.

Having said that, I've been on here since 2006, will continue to drive a Skoda & post on the forums.

I'm not ruling out another MK1 at some point but for now I'll have to watch from the sidelines & chip in when relevant.

👍