Do Dealers really know the Spec..................

Been looking on the Skoda Used Car Web Site. I've been looking for a used, very low milage Fabia MkII Vrs

Nearly every one is advertised as having " Front Fog Lights" and an " Automatic Dimming Rear View mirror" which they clearly dont have.

Do they know what there selling or what?

The main dealer claimed my SDI had traction control when I bought it.

It was listed as one of the features on the screen mounted 'advert'.

When I asked them 'Where was the button then?' they tried to fob me off

with the reply 'Oh, it's an integrated system'. They nearly lost a sale

over that. I hate being bull**itted.

What a crock.

Been looking on the Skoda Used Car Web Site. I've been looking for a used, very low milage Fabia MkII Vrs

Nearly every one is advertised as having " Front Fog Lights" and an " Automatic Dimming Rear View mirror" which they clearly dont have.

Do they know what there selling or what?

Skodas used car database is automatically generated form the car's registration. I once saw a 2.0 TDI 170 Supurb that was actually a 140. Random things like this can happen. I guess it's designed for ease of use but can throw up problems.

Mine was advertised (by Skoda dealer) without listing the factory-fitted options.

Only found out about them when I went to see the car - even then they neglected to tell me about the Dark Chrome alloys (which were kindly pointed out by someone on here) - after I'd done the change of vehicle on my policy I advised about the alloys - wanted to charge me an extra £20 (for a £110 option!) - 'phoned Elephant to complain and it was waived.

When listing a car on the Skoda used site all the dealer has to do is select the model and the standard features, specs and data for that particular version is listed automatically.

This is why they all show the same inaccurate spec, the template for the vRS incorrectly contains front fogs etc.

I found it almost impossible to find the car I wanted with a unique option (xenon headlights) as the dealers need to select these options manually on the listing - which they never do :thumbdown: