Project wrc wannabe

dsmithmobile

Sorry to hear about your car mate,what's up with it? hope you get it sorted :)

Massive oil leak from the cam cover, front suspension is knocking like mad, air leaks from the front suspension, air compressor is failing, leaking water from the back doors so the interior is p1ssed wet through and stinks! Exhaust is catching the heatsheild around the tank, etc etc.

Need to just write a list really and get in with it as they are all only small jobs but its winter and I can't be bothered getting cold plus got loads of work going on with the house which doesn't help.

It will be back

Massive oil leak from the cam cover, front suspension is knocking like mad, air leaks from the front suspension, air compressor is failing, leaking water from the back doors so the interior is p1ssed wet through and stinks! Exhaust is catching the heatsheild around the tank, etc etc.

Need to just write a list really and get in with it as they are all only small jobs but its winter and I can't be bothered getting cold plus got loads of work going on with the house which doesn't help.

It will be back

Oh dear,it gets you down when there's loads of things at once and you feel like walking away but hopefully you'll work your way through the issues and get it back to how you want it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks hyphons.

And i'd still like a wrc spoiler but don't know if it will end up with one Paul cos like I said to you I'm only doing the wrc thing so I can see what it looks like before I get rid/break it in the summer when I get a replacement car :)

And cheers dark hero,it will get the eye on the logo,I'll just get the wife to do it on the plotter when doing the other stickers.

• Like 1

Well I made some more progress with the wrc style look today.

It's not perfect close up and only done one side so far and it will never be a perfect match to the other side but it's not turned out too bad considering it was taped up free hand from a picture off google and then masked it up and painted it,then I free hand cut out pieces of red vinyl and the bumper strips

669EC4BF-2915-4E5C-BFDA-B65872874328.jpg

AC3305C3-FEA7-42DB-92F8-866B3AF2C736.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

Got to get time to do the other side and then I'll get the wife to make up the different sponsor decals for all over the car,hopefully it should look better when covered in sponsors as it will be a bit busy and your eye should be less drawn to the free hand logo

looks awesome :) great work 

• Like 1

Cheers guys :)

I'm hoping to get it finished soon so I can see how it looks but I doubt It will still be around when vw festivals on I'm sorry to say :(

I have the money sat in the bank waiting for the right car/spec to turn up so when it does I'll go and buy it and I'll have no interest in the octy anymore and I'll end up selling/breaking it to pay for some wheels,coilovers for the replacement car

It's been a great car and served me well,I've really enjoyed taking it through the different phases over the years but soon the time will come when it has to go and it will be a sad day when I have to see it go but I don't have the space to store it and have no use for it to be honest.

• Like 3

Wow that looks great.

Unbelievable what you have achieved, especially considering its winter and you are working outside.

PS I also have a tin of Ford Modena Green which I bought to touch up any stone chips on the brake calipers and to my eyes it's a perfect match.

• Like 1

Wow that looks great.

Unbelievable what you have achieved, especially considering its winter and you are working outside.

PS I also have a tin of Ford Modena Green which I bought to touch up any stone chips on the brake calipers and to my eyes it's a perfect match.

Cheers but as you say it's not ideal been outside with a tarpaulin attatched to the car with small dent puller suction cups and the other end nailed to top of the fence and a heat gun to speed up the drying process lol,it's never going to be perfect and as long as it looks something like I'll be happy :)

And it's not a bad colour match to be honest.

Cheers guys :)

I'm hoping to get it finished soon so I can see how it looks but I doubt It will still be around when vw festivals on I'm sorry to say :(

I have the money sat in the bank waiting for the right car/spec to turn up so when it does I'll go and buy it and I'll have no interest in the octy anymore and I'll end up selling/breaking it to pay for some wheels,coilovers for the replacement car

It's been a great car and served me well,I've really enjoyed taking it through the different phases over the years but soon the time will come when it has to go and it will be a sad day when I have to see it go but I don't have the space to store it and have no use for it to be honest.

sad news dude but done that myself before 

• Like 1