Project wrc wannabe

dsmithmobile

Was sat at home bored so thought i'd stick a thread up to whore some pics and let people know what has been done to it over the years and what i've got planned etc and update from time to time when i can emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Well i bought the car back in 2003 as a standard 2002 octavia vrs which came with

Electric Sunroof,Reversing Sensors and Cruise Control

and have been doing bits and bobs to it over the years,some which people have liked and some which people have hated but you cant please everyone emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

heres some pics of the phases its been through

DSC03379.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_1217.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

and how it currently sits

octy.jpg

284210_10150707472460262_696460261_19578

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02546.jpg

spec is

Revo Stage 2 remap

4 bar fuel pressure regulator

Forge front mounted intercooler with custom vrs logo

Waterspray kit

Forge 006 diverter valve

ABD turbo intake pipe

ABD cold air intake

Blueflame 100 cel cat/downpipe

Powerflow cat back exhaust with hidden tail pipe

Polished inlet manifold

Evoshield inlet manifold gasket

Colour coded engine cover

Colour coded battery cover

Colour coded S3 header tank cover

Colour coded scuttle panel

engine spacers

custom made sump guard

Bonnet lifters

old 5 spokes where 8x19 Fox RS5 alloy wheels painted porsche green with 215/35/19 nankang ns2 tyres

old winters wheels where tsw catalunyas 8x18 with 215/35/18 front and 225/35/18 rear

current winter wheels are porsche cayenne 8x18 wheels with 215/35/18 painted a custom anthracite colour

summer wheels are eta beta turbo porsche 3 piece split rims fronts are 8x18 et49 with 215/35/18 and rears are 9.5x18 et52 with 225/35/18

Golf R32 front anti roll bar

Powerflex anti roll bar bushes

Powerflex front arm bushes

Powerflex steering rack bushes

Powerflex dog bone engine mount

Audi S3 upper strut brace

Vmaxx coilover suspension with helper springs removed

chassis notch

drilled and grooved brake discs front and rear

Modified front bumper and repositioned number plate

Colour coded grille and bumper moldings

Door moldings removed

Rear bumper exhaust cut out filled

Octavia badge removed

roof aerial removed

front arches rolled and rear arches are flared out

Tinted rear lights

Tinted head lights

Tinted front indicators

Rear wiper removed

Mud flaps removed

private registration

golf 4 aero wipers

us spec golf 4 bumper marker lights

Seat centre panels and Door cards retrimmed in grey leather

carpets dyed black

rear grab handle interior lights

Boost gauge in drivers side vent

Volt gauge in ashtray

oil temp gauge and oil pressure gauge in din panel

Tinted windows

Momo fighter steering wheel with porsche horn button

Nokia CK7W bluetooth handsfree kit

Alpine IVA-D310rb monitor

Alpine CHA-S634 6 disc mp3 cd changer

Alpine NO-99P sat nav unit

Digital tv tuner

Alpine V12 amp

Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" sub

Fli 6"component speakers in front

JBL 5.25" 2 way speakers in rear

Custom boot build

Clifford security

things i need to do are

replace clutch and flywheel.

get bootlid number plate recess shortened.

possibly get some side skirts again if i can find some i like.

possibly get some sort of rear bumper extension as it looks really high compared to the front bumper but dont want it to look ott.

re do seat centres and door cards as bored of grey.

paint summer wheels centres white again as there a bit rough and re polish dishes

fit mk2 octavia mirrors

smooth out side repeaters once mirrors are fitted

sort out various body panels that need painting

lower it more http://www.briskoda.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/emoticon-0100-smile.gif

comments welcome,good or bad emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Edited by dsmithmobile
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments and poweraderz, I never changed the hoses as I lost interest in the car and can't remember the last time I cleaned the engine bay to be honest and although I go to a lot of shows I don't enter show and shine as its not up to standard.

nice car....and i hope you dont mind me saying but you have given me some good ideas for mine. the head tank cover is good......is it just an audi s3 cover thats a direct fit?

your boot install is very tidy....and with the size it starts at you still end up with an amazingly big boot

Rickvrs, yes the S3 coolant cover is fairly straight forward to fit, I bought it from Audi and you need the cover,bracket that fits under the mounting points for the coolant tank and a bolt, parts are around £80 ish so would be cheaper to source them off a breaker and cover doesn't fit directly to slam panel and needs to be modified and Poweraderz the logo on the intercooler was just a scanned in vrs logo which was blown up and used as a stencil,then just sprayed the individual colours onto it :)

DSC_0379.jpg

just thought i'd upload this pic from last summer as i like it and to be honest i had forgotten about it until it was dug back up on another forum,it just reminds me that it can scrub up pretty well with a bit of effort :)

i need to go and get some pics of it in winter mode later as i'm selling my 19" winter wheels to a friend in a couple of weeks so might as well get some pics as a final farewell to them :) feels really high on the 19's though :rofl: and thats why i will be going onto some temporary 18's that i've bought until i can find some i like at a reasonable price :)

Here's a couple of pics on of mine from today on its winter wheels,thought i'd get a couple of pics and put them up as they are getting sold to a friend next week,there fox rs5 8x19 with 215/35/19 tyres,only selling them cos i've gone off 19's now as they don't allow me to run the ride height i want without a lot of scrubbing when turning so i've bought some temporary winter 18's to use until i can find some better one's

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0086-1.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers guys and to missingmyvrs

i dont actually know how much the rear arches are pulled to be honest,i just used a friends arch roller and went for it as i was looking to fit 10" rears and wasnt bothered about rippling the arches as i was going to get them skimmed and painted anyway but some people dont like the fact you lose the existing swage line but its a small price to pay lol

arch liners has been cut away in the tops of the arches front and rear and the section that meets the bumpers is just left in for support,i then cleaned them out and undersealed

and yes it used to have sideskirts but the got a section got broken off and couldn't be bothered to repair it so just removed them,like it without though but would consider getting some more if i could find some quite smooth ones

Thanks again and already_1uk I'd love to be able to flare your arches for you but I couldn't do it cos when I did mine I used a friends arch roller and they were rippled to hell and needed another friend to skim them with filler and paint them so not an easy job unfortunately,we're you from?

Thanks again and already_1uk I'd love to be able to flare your arches for you but I couldn't do it cos when I did mine I used a friends arch roller and they were rippled to hell and needed another friend to skim them with filler and paint them so not an easy job unfortunately,we're you from?

from Grimsby mate n i gotta look into getting em done since my 19s ain't selling and arches need to be slightly wider. n who did your exhaust mate I love that

• Like 1

Ah cool,have a couple of mates from Grimsby :) and if you can get hold of an arch rolling tool you can do them yourself but will then need them smoothing and painting which can be expensive if you havn't got a friend to do mates rates and exhaust was done by top gear in Doncaster but you could probably get any custom exhaust place to do it for you but mine is no longer like that as I've recently cut the tailpipes off and left them hidden under the bumper :)