Does ECU get updated when changing injectors?

Just had injectors changed on my octavia 170pd as part of the skoda uk semi recall if thats what they are calling it.

Car feels smoother but throttle response and overall power of the car seems different...To give you an idea, I used to just open throttle about a third and the car would pick up with a big shove in the back which I liked a lot and was really fun and a cynch for overtaking. Now it seems like the power delivery is not so punchy and the speed picks up a bit later on. Ive never really had to put my foot down all the way before but now I have to and it definately doesnt feel as torquey. The car was ex-dealer demo car originally and has always been a very impressive fast machine.

So I'm just wondering as im not techy, would they have updated the standard map as part of changing injectors? or is it the physical aspects of the new injectors? or have they reduced the bhp or something... It just dare I say, feels a less exciting car and thats a shame!

Its hard to explain but I know my own car and it feels like someones knocked off 20bhp!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Techie on here told me they wernt required to update the ECU as part of the swap.

When my Leon went in i told the SEAT Dealer not to touch the ECU (DPF Delete would of been wiped if they did)

But.... if your car is running a really old version of the OEM Software they might of updated it, the power delivery might be different on the update to save the DMF

I can't vouch for the validity of this, but I've just looked through the seat cupra forums and there is info on there that says after injectors are replaced the software is updated to limit the car to a standard 170bhp and 350NM to stop carbon build up on the injectors. My car was putting out 186bhp from the factory before hand so if this is the case, this might explain why I'm noticing the difference :( If anyone can verify this, it would be useful for people to know as it changes the way the car drives and seems to have taken the edge off it which is a shame. I certainly notice it.

Each brand do things slightly differently. We have just had a recall notice now about the injectors with some 2500 cars effected I think, maybe the instructions to the recall differ a bit I'll have to have a read up as no doubt we will be getting a few of them in.