Saab 9-3 vs octavia

See I'm not after throwing it into the corners or any thing like that, I would like it to be quickish and not be horrific with the handling but I'm after somthing I can drive that I can feel this is classy, nice, comfortable, and when it comes to overtaking then it will do it.

Then inmo the Saab is much better, no contest. And having owned both that's based on experience not just hearsay. I have a Z4 now and tbh as an every day car, the Saab was better. In hindsight I would have stretched to the Aero, which has 210bhp and better more sporty suspension. BTW, both the 1.8 and 2.0 are actually 2.0, but in different states of tune, 150 & 175 bhp, both with numerous tuning options.

Edited by Lance

Agh the other question I was going to ask was how's the sound system in the octavia I like to play my foo fighters loud!

Well with Metallica on full chat with no distortion I cant fault the Bolero set up.

The Vectra comments are in the main, just people jumping on the bandwagon, vectras and 9-3's are chalk and cheese.

Not entirely true - the majority of parts under the skin are pure Vecta, from chassis to suspension to engines. I will admit that the end result is very different in terms of fit and finish and style, but they are remarkably similar to drive and all the controls are in the same place. :|

Mmmmm, my brother had a vectra for one of the years I had the Saab, not similar to drive at all, controls in the main are different and placed differently, except indicator/wiper stalks. Chalk and cheese my friend, chalk and cheese.

Car bandwagons exist to make people feel better about there own cars...........

I've driven a Vectra SRI and I thought it was ok. Not great but not the abomination that it gets made out to be sometimes.

I've driven a Vectra SRI and I thought it was ok. Not great but not the abomination that it gets made out to be sometimes.

I agree. I had one for 2 years. The handling was nothing special and the diesel engine was beginning to have reliability issues (DMF was on way out) but I liked it. Great for munching the miles on the motorway. Sadly, the local Vauxhall dealer experience put me off. It'll be a long time before I give them any more of my hard earned!