Cambelt change on 2ltr tdi 170?

This thread is proof that Skoda dealers talk out of their @rses!

Camberley service centre was the place that did my cambelt and water pump and they lied to me about the drop link being split and play in it

6 days before this I had an MOT and just to make sure I bought some ZF Lemforder drop links a few days later and had them changed

The old ones were perfectly fine

I don't like being lied to for them to make more money

:no:

Edited by Turkeythighs

Just had an email back from Skoda UK...

Dear Mr "silver1011"

Re: ŠKODA Superb 2011 2.0 TDi CR140

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the recommended interval for changing the timing belt on your vehicle. Please accept
my apologies for the delay in our response.

I have spoken with our Technical Support Team and I can confirm that the recommended timing belt interval for your vehicle is
five years or 140,000 miles, whichever comes first.

I hope this information proves useful. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on the
number below.

Yours sincerely

Joanne Wilby
Customer Relations Advisor
ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA
Tel: +44 (0)333 0037 504
[email protected] | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com

• Like 2

Just had an email back from Skoda UK...

Dear Mr "silver1011"

Re: ŠKODA Superb 2011 2.0 TDi CR140

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the recommended interval for changing the timing belt on your vehicle. Please accept

my apologies for the delay in our response.

I have spoken with our Technical Support Team and I can confirm that the recommended timing belt interval for your vehicle is

five years or 140,000 miles, whichever comes first.

I hope this information proves useful. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on the

number below.

Yours sincerely

Joanne Wilby

Customer Relations Advisor

ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA

Tel: +44 (0)333 0037 504

[email protected] | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com

Yes this is what I remember now, 5 years (which mine was due) and 120l or 140k was mentioned 

• Like 2

I'm waiting until the mileage limit rather than the time.

I'm on 86K and cover 30K a year so will be needing a new belt in about 18 months time, by which time the car will be 6 years old.

• Like 1

SUK kindly replied to my enquiry with the information that the timing for mine is 140,000 miles / 5 years whichever is the sooner.

Mine has now done 117,179 and is 5 years, 1 month and 7 days old.

As I do 30,000 miles per year I reckon it will reach 140k. in August next year, at which point it will be 5 years and 9 months old.

Despite a small(ish) disagreement with my (independent) service garage, as the rest of the world only works to mileage and ignores the age, I have made an empirical decision to leave it until then.

Wish me luck  :whew:

• Like 2

SUK kindly replied to my enquiry with the information that the timing for mine is 140,000 miles / 5 years whichever is the sooner.

Mine has now done 117,179 and is 5 years, 1 month and 7 days old.

As I do 30,000 miles per year I reckon it will reach 140k. in August next year, at which point it will be 5 years and 9 months old.

Despite a small(ish) disagreement with my (independent) service garage, as the rest of the world only works to mileage and ignores the age, I have made an empirical decision to leave it until then.

Wish me luck  :whew:

Good luck  :peek:

Probably be fine anyway...............  :p

180k thats 110k+ miles isnt it

I was informed 5 years and 120k I think very recently by Skoda when I had my one done

Anyone confirm this this is the newer guidelines?

Late 2010 car, so had it done late 2015 at 105K

The service book I posted is from my 2010 Superb in New Zealand. I'm waiting to hear back from Skoda NZ why THEY say there is a difference in the service recommendation, especially given we are in similar climates and the vehicles are essentially the same.

The service book I posted is from my 2010 Superb in New Zealand. I'm waiting to hear back from Skoda NZ why THEY say there is a difference in the service recommendation, especially given we are in similar climates and the vehicles are essentially the same.

great screen name BTW   :D

• Like 1