Bad times...

Oh yes :(

Firstly I let my membership lapse although I am sorting that!

Booked the Octavia into Unit 18 to have a bad oil leak attended to, leaking cam cover and a bung being the main culprits.

This all sorted out well as per usual and what one comes to expect with Unit18.

Found out one of my injectors is on its arse :( Bad news :( I keep trying to find the part number for the injector my car needs. It's a BKD engine. This would be most helpful as it'd allow me to source a spare. Thanks!

And the oil leak has reacted with two of the bushes, so need a new dogbone mount and lower wishbone bush.

Just what I needed/wanted before xmas :(

Apart from that everything else is going good!

Hope you're all well, sorry I never get time to come on here any more :( *waves at Martin, Bryan et al!

Oh yes :(

Firstly I let my membership lapse although I am sorting that!

Booked the Octavia into Unit 18 to have a bad oil leak attended to, leaking cam cover and a bung being the main culprits.

This all sorted out well as per usual and what one comes to expect with Unit18.

Found out one of my injectors is on its arse :( Bad news :( I keep trying to find the part number for the injector my car needs. It's a BKD engine. This would be most helpful as it'd allow me to source a spare. Thanks!

And the oil leak has reacted with two of the bushes, so need a new dogbone mount and lower wishbone bush.

Just what I needed/wanted before xmas :(

Apart from that everything else is going good!

Hope you're all well, sorry I never get time to come on here any more :( *waves at Martin, Bryan et al!

Sorry to hear your bad luck. have you tried SUK as a good will thing saying as its not overly long out of warranty or has it done big miles? If not worth a try.

This chap was selling new Bosch boxed injectors for the BKD on ebay. He had a few on starting at £100 but no bids on any of them. Seemed a good price to me, I had thought of buying one in to keep as a spare but injector failure on the BKD is fairly rare so I didn't bother. Perhaps worth contacting him if Skoda don't offer any goodwill?

Bosch injector on ebay

Thanks ever so much for the part numbers. Now I can get on and hunt one down to replace the one that's on its last legs.

I'm afraid I'd be spitting into the wind WRT to warranty/goodwill. She has done 156k so it's only expected. Plus Skoda have never been one to help or give a toss on this car from new, with it's cracked cylinder head from 25k and them being adamant that a litre of coolant loss every three days was normal....! They kicked and dragged their heels on that one until just out of warranty, and then they even only covered the cost of the part. Great cars but the aftersales is terrible and makes me think twice about buying in the future. It's not as if they're even a cheap option any more!

Oh loads of symptoms of a dropped injector now I think about it.

**** poor starting sometimes. Doesn't want to 'catch' and coughs into life.

Rough idle.

Down on power.

Stuttering in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear under heavy throttle.

Juddering on overun like when you approach a roundabout with your clutch depressed.

Now I've got the codes I'm gonna source four low mileage injectors, and get it mapped properly as well. Bluefin. Do. Not. Want.

Oh loads of symptoms of a dropped injector now I think about it.

**** poor starting sometimes. Doesn't want to 'catch' and coughs into life.

Rough idle.

Down on power.

Stuttering in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear under heavy throttle.

Juddering on overun like when you approach a roundabout with your clutch depressed.

Now I've got the codes I'm gonna source four low mileage injectors, and get it mapped properly as well. Bluefin. Do. Not. Want.

uh oh... are these symptoms sure way of telling the injectors are gone? I get some rough starting, revs at around 500 and then suddenly picks up to around 800, although sometimes it doesn't and just stalls.. I still have around 200 - 300 kms left before my 2nd hand warranty expires, which is not much. Is there anyway I can do any other checks so I can get the stealer to fix? :doh:

I'd be tempted to check your fuel filter and also your MAF sensor, Springwood. By the way, have you got wood?

It's good to know that stealers are universally evil, the world over, though - and not just a UK thing.

I'd be tempted to check your fuel filter and also your MAF sensor, Springwood. By the way, have you got wood?

It's good to know that stealers are universally evil, the world over, though - and not just a UK thing.

haha the stealers here are pretty terrible!! That's why the government had to introduce a 'no lemon' policy into legislation, where if you buy a second hand car with less than 10 years, the stealers are oblidged to repair any fault up to the first 3 months or 5000km's, which ever comes first... but I guess even then they always find a way to screw over the general public.. I'm still waiting on a spare key almost 2 months later..