Something loose or rattling in tailgate?...and glovebox probs!

ct110

hi all. i have a vrs hatch 4 month old. since having it for a month or so there has been a rattling noise from inside of the tailgate near the washer or lock area. its clearly something loose and sounds like its made from metal as you can tell from the noise it makes. when i shut the boot lid it rattles and when driving it can sometimes be heard.

does anyone have any ideas what it could be or have had anything similar? ive kind of put up with it until now but im gona take it back to get looked at.

theres also an annoying squeeking/rattle noise from the l/h side glove box release arm. it goes when pressure is applied but obviously i cant push it in all the time when im driving!

any advice for the glove box issue as well??

thanks

Edited by ct110

Probably find the tailgate wants adjusting, they chatter if they aren't pulled down enough onto the rubber stops.

There is a small screw inside the rubber stops on the glovebox where the lids contacts, wind them out a little which puts the pressure on the lid and stops it squeaking/rattling.

• Like 1

took it to the dealers today and both things are sorted.

the rattle in the tailgate was a loose metal clip which they fixed back on and the guy took the glovebox out and put it back in and it seems to have sorted it as well.

if it starts again tho ill wind them screws out as suggested

Probably find the tailgate wants adjusting, they chatter if they aren't pulled down enough onto the rubber stops.

Very common

I did the old electrical tape on my tailgate catch, to fix this

• 3 months later...