Car Badge removal

Octyboy

I fancied having my new car badgeless, apart from the Skoda emblem front and back and was told that it couldn't be provided that way. I'm guessing the name and varient badges are just stuck on, but has anyone done this without leaving nasty marks on the paintwork.

Hair dryer and credit card/fishing wire. Then I used meths to get the residue off I think. (was 3 years ago)

The fishing line I had considered, did the meths leave any mark on the paint work?

I did this to my old car. Heat up with hair drier or hot soapy water if your washing the car. Then use auto glum intensive tar remover to get rid of the sticky residue :)

Cheers All, it all sounds positive at the moment so I'll consider giving it a go when the new beasty arrives. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

I removed the '1' from my bootlid, and that just dropped off when I prodded it :rofl:

I then used a little sticky stuff spray on a cloth to remove the sticky from the body.

I kept the HTP with the little red square as it looks rather sporty against the blue

I've always debadged my boot - i think it looks cleaner.

I've always used the kettle method. Boiling water over the badge to soften the glue and then pull the badge off. Reapply water as required and rub the remaining glue off with your finger. Then T-cut or polish to clean the area up.