Coil pack recall on 2004 Octavia vRS

rdsskoda

Latest update - they changed the coilpacks due to periodic misfiring. Very generous I'm sure. Misfiring has cost me approx £400 to date in failed attempts to diagnose and now I find its Knackered my CAT which Skoda refuse to pay for! Another £600 down the tubes cos VW can't get the electrics right - load of crooks!!!!!!

Latest update - they changed the coilpacks due to periodic misfiring. Very generous I'm sure. Misfiring has cost me approx £400 to date in failed attempts to diagnose and now I find its Knackered my CAT which Skoda refuse to pay for! Another £600 down the tubes cos VW can't get the electrics right - load of crooks!!!!!!

Have you been using main dealer for diagnosis ?

• 3 months later...

I was charged at my dealer for a no 2 coilpack 18 months ago. At todays services they replaced the other three free of charge under recall 28F7. I think they should refund me for the one I had to pay for. Today they wanted £180 to replace rear panard rod bushes, both rear bump stop need replacing, . The car has only done 56k miles and that by me at careful driving. I had a Rover 400 for 10 years and the only thing that ever needed doing was the cylinder head. I thought Skoda where reliable cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Octavia vRS Mk1 2002 - had the coils replaced 12 months ago FOC under recall with symptoms of poor starting and worse than normal fuel consumption. Been OK since and no side effects on the CAT! I've no grumbles about reliability; 121k miles and no probs at all except for a hazard warning switch that needed replacing...!

• 1 month later...

I've just bought a 2004 Octavia RS, how do I check to see if mine has been recalled for the coil packs?

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked with Border Cars at Lillyhall Workington, and my car needs the warranty packs, got a 220 mile round trip now to get them replaced. I live in Stranraer and they're my nearest dealer, plus I work for Border Cars myself lol :rofl: