Coilovers fitted

update-

as for not being able to fit the bearing firstly i just filed the nut down to get it to fit, but now i have fitted some FK automotive focus coilovers and with these fitted the bearing goes on and the nut fits fine because they have a allen head so the thread goes to the very top.

secondly i have removed the mk3 golf rears and replaced them with polo mk4/6n coilovers as these are much shorter so i can have it low but with decent ride quality rather than pretty much unbearable with the mk3 golf coilovers on.

http://i229.photobuc...pg?t=1341862997

can still go about 60mm up or down on the back and about 10mm on the fronts.

Where did you get the fk coilovers from?? Did you have to buy a full set?

I was lucky enough to find a pair of brand new front coilovers on ebay. Otherwise i would have had to buy a full set.

After a couple of days with these 6n polo coilovers on the rear i think the ride is actually harsher than it was, somehow!

But i dont get it because ive adjusted them up abit more and now i can go down 95mm if i want,i thought the lower you go with coilovers the harsher it gets? But it seems to be the other way round. I dont get it? Unless there knackered

you could be adding preload to the springs when you wind em up, if its lifted the shock to max extension then the spring rate is increasing the more you try to wind it up.

Yeah think that is the problem i didnt think at the time i just put them in the vice and wound them most the way up. Il try to sort them out tomorrow.

Tried to sort them but couldnt get the right mix, they were either too hard or too low so put the mk3 golf rears back on.

Would only advise using polo 6n rears if you wanted to 'slam' it