Octavia VRS TFSI DSG 2010

Has anyone else had any problems, my 03/2010 octavia has been stalling and fluctuating revs sincemay 2010, they have just replaced the whole gear box assembly, but after only 2 miles it fluctuated between about 500 or 600 and 1200 rpm, but didnt stall this time, but it is intermittant, they don't seem to have any idea what it is, but has anyone else had this problem? it might help if any of you have any ideas, I'm so fed up that I never want to sit in it again, which is a real shame, i love it when its running ok. I upgraded from a 2007 Fabia vrs which i remapped, that was fantastic and never gave any trouble, my franchise garage feel really sorry for me, but they can only do what they are told, if you have any ideas please please help me, i'm so gutted I don't know what to do next?

Thanks

Skumseeker

Edited by Skumseeker

They have changed the whole box assembly, ALL the components, my garage didn't think it would cure it and it didn't. They have told me, mine is the only one in the world doing this? I don't somehow believe that, my garage think it could be throttle assembly? but skoda ruled that out and did the box, the car has only done 6k miles, and i dont even want to drive it anymore, the old box was clunky and jumped at times, but drove brilliantly, they did a factory reset and it was horrible to drive but smoother, now a complete new box etc? it seems to drive better, but when it nearly stalled again, i just went back home, so only done 2 miles, i'm just fed up with it!

Thanks for the comments guy's, keep them comming please

Edited by Skumseeker

When you say you gave up and bought a manual instead, did they help financially? because I think thats what i would like to do too?

Cheers

When you say you gave up and bought a manual instead, did they help financially? because I think thats what i would like to do too?

Cheers

• 3 months later...

I pick up a new manual version this Friday, thanks to my franchise !

They still haven't managed to find out what the problem is? But it keeps ( hunting) at traffic lights etc!

Hopefully the new one will be perfect?

If the problem was still evident after two miles then the dealer hasn't road tested the car.

I can vouch for getting frustrated with a car / the dealer / Skoda UK, after three months I now have my car back after 21 days with the dealer.

I took the above stance, they put me in one of their cars at their expenses and I told them not to bother calling me back until they'd fixed the fault.

You might be suprised how quickly things progress when you are putting big mileage on one of their cars.

The common fault with the DSG as posted above is the mechatronic unit, and yes right yours is the only one in the world doing it, that is why buyer guides warn of this :wonder:

The new (manual gear box) in the brand new car is brilliant, smooth and runs beautifully, glad I changed cars!

My thanks to Paul's Motors Guernsey, the best franchise skoda dealer!

Only 7,300 miles in 24 months with the DSG so a bargain to be had by someone !

Glad you got a resolution. You may have been unlucky and I'm sure there are many DSG owners who can't speak highly enough about the system. Petrol manual..nice and simple.

This is my 3rd new skoda in 4 yrs, had vw's before and audi's never a problem, but been unlucky with the last one, but the dealer has been brilliant!!!!!

Problem with guernsey is one garage has just about the franchises , including vw, audi, merc, bmw etc, and charges a fortune and doesn't give a stuff about the customer!

So I will stick with skoda thanks! Better the wolf you know?

Had a good weekend with the new car, but really fed up with not having the multi function steering wheel!

With my driving position I can't reach the stereo with out leaning forward! Why oh why don't skoda offer it with a manual gear box? It's a crying shame.

It's the only gripe I have now! The car is smoothe to drive, and probably suits my driving style better than DSG but I miss the mfsw!