Seat base replacing

wayned

Yep, seat comes up like new again after doing this :thumbup:

Those metal rods/lines are a bit of a pain though. :no:

After i did mine a friend mentioned it is worth using a bit of silicon spray on the base to help stretch the cover back over the new base. It's supposed to help avoid over stretching and tearing the cover. :thumbup:

Yep, seat comes up like new again after doing this :thumbup:

Those metal rods/lines are a bit of a pain though. :no:

After i did mine a friend mentioned it is worth using a bit of silicon spray on the base to help stretch the cover back over the new base. It's supposed to help avoid over stretching and tearing the cover. :thumbup:

lol fancy doing mine as you have already had practice :p

As I mentioned in the original guide thread, it's important to do this because the seat cover eventually wears through from the inside, & starts to tear the leather.

Edited by pauldazzle

That was a good tip that i overlooked when i followed your excellent guide. :( Still worked fine though, but you do have to be careful.

That's a good price from TPS. I'm sure i paid closer to £80 from Skoda.

And yes i'd happily help someone out doing theirs who were local, but TBH the guide pretty much covers the process completely. :thumbup:

Just done mine today, I should have done it long ago! Very easy to do once you get into it, and frankly for the initially "expensive" sounding price of the base foam, worth every penny. The whole seat feels like new again.

Only tip I would add to the excellent write-ups already done - get someone to help by squashing the foam down when you clip the edge bead back into the bottom of the seat frame, it makes it soo much easier and it just pops in with a bit of finger pressure all the way round.