Hi From Cumbria

Westmorland

Welcome to the forum John.

My previous Octavia was an estate, a 2.0 TDI DSG L&K. It was a great car.

I sold it and bought a new Yeti, which is fantastic. It will go places my Octavia would have nightmares about! Think Salisbury Plains & mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John.

I have recently test driven the New Octavia estate with the new 1.2 fuel injection engine and 7 gear automatic DSG. It was truly amazing what they have done. I was a little concerned about such a small engine as I am used to 1.9l 105bhp fabia but a apart from a slight lagt from a standing start the acceleraction was truly amazing as the gear changes happen in a instant.

Also a really good feel of a quality car inside and out. So go and test drive one,if you dare, you will be lost for life !!!

While I am here,I have a question, as you are from Scotland,is it now becoming more common for drivers to get a seperate set of winter tyres? They are compusory in Norway,in the sense that your vechile must be equipped for the driving conditions, so if you have a prang in winter driving on summer tyres,you will have your insurance reduced and probably be fined as well.

Seeing chaos that happens in the UK when two inches of snow falls, I would imagine a set of rims and winter tyres

would be worth the original investment.

Regards

Keith

Hi John.

While I am here,I have a question, as you are from Scotland,is it now becoming more common for drivers to get a seperate set of winter tyres? They are compusory in Norway,in the sense that your vechile must be equipped for the driving conditions, so if you have a prang in winter driving on summer tyres,you will have your insurance reduced and probably be fined as well.

Seeing chaos that happens in the UK when two inches of snow falls, I would imagine a set of rims and winter tyres

would be worth the original investment.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

Actually I am from Cumbria - living just 30 miles from the Scottish border. I certainly aren't aware of anyone down here putting winter tyres on.

Cheers

John